Florida-West Coast

DJ recommendations???

Hello Ladies,

I am looking for DJ recommendations. I believe that the DJ really makes or breaks the reception. I am really picky about what songs I want played, so I really want a DJ who will 100% abide by a 'no play list.' Also, my fiance has kind of hipster taste in music so there will be a few songs that the DJ almost certainly not have and will have to download or something. I really want a non-cheesy person who will just play the fun hip hop music I want and the couple hipster songs that we will request. Now that you know how anal I am about this, does anyone have any recommendations? Or anyone that I should stay away from? TIA!!

Re: DJ recommendations???

• edited December 2011
    DJ was one of the most difficult decisions we made. We finally decided on DJ Coro and we booked him through Jam Entertainment. However, I've heard great things about RJ Vida. He is very popular in town and not cheesy at all.
  • edited December 2011
    We went with sunset entertainment and are now on our 2nd Dj (the first was just...ugh, can't event go into it).  The 2nd now seems like an awesome choice. He thanked us for the no play list and said it makes it easier to keep us and the guests happy.  I will let you know in 21 days thought =)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Randy from Celebrations of Tampa Bay. He has been great to work with and has great reviews on Wedding Wire. He came recommended my friends who used him for their wedding. We are using them for photo and video as well.
  • edited December 2011
    Grant Hemmond!  They are great!
  • dsantos1010dsantos1010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I highly recommend Felix the DJ! Not cheesy and very hip! He was very up-to- date with the music at my sisters recent wedding and everyone loved him! His number (727) 327-8895  & web  http://www.felixthedj.com

best wishes!
  • edited December 2011
    I highly recommend Grant Hemond as well.  They have about a dozen DJ's to choose from and they are all very reputable and professional.  We usd Tony Lange at our wedding on 10/10/10 and he was great!  We were very particular about what we wanted played andwhat we didn't want played and he executed everything exactly as we wanted.  www.granthemond.com
    Brooke + Chavis
    est. 10/10/10

Photobucket CafeMom Tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I love hearing good things about Grant Hemond -- I booked them too! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • srqchristinesrqchristine member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having a lot of trouble with sword sounds - they were very highly rated on this board but I have been unable to get them to respond to email email requesting a 15minute change in teh start of my wedding.  I'm considering firing them.
  • bnwgatorbnwgator member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you tried calling Rob? That's very unlike him. (And it makes me nervous! We're using him in January...)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I have made initial contact with Rob Sword as well and I have not heard from him since.  I emailed him a follow up email and still no word.  I have heard he is reputable and great, but it's been the opposite with my experience!  GL!!

We decided to book Jody @ Grant Hemond.  We, too, are very anal with our music and Jody seems really flexible, down to earth, and really professional.  We are using them for both our ceremony and reception and they gave us an amazing deal we just could not pass up.  They are definitely willing to accommodate and work with any budget.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards