Florida-North Florida

St. Augustine Resources

Hi Ladies,I'm planning a wedding in St. Augustine for January, at the White Room! I've been searching all over for a couple things! Maybe some of you can help me out.Make up artist-- I love Kimtasha's style, but her prices are a bit more than I wanted to spend...any others you girls could recommend?Next--Looking for a priest, pastor, or minister, Christian, willing to marry on the beach (where our ceremony will be held) Any recommendations & a name & number please!Lastly, we're looking for cute brown dresses for the bridal party, Im going crazzy searching for them, and havent found any I love! We must stay under $200 each, any suggestions?Thanks ladies, and look forward to hearing from you!

Re: St. Augustine Resources

• duncanpowersduncanpowers member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I believe there are reviews of Reverend Grandstaff on our local knottie bio site, below in my signature, that girls have used and really liked.Also, for brown dresses, I used JCrew--you can get measured in the store and order online, and returns/exchanges are free. They were under $200 and a great quality material.
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Reverend Ted from Exceptional Weddings. If you are havindg it on the beach, they provide everything, music, sand ceremony, etc.
  • edited December 2011
    Bridesmaid dresses, you can look at jcrew, bella brdiesmaid in san marco, we got my girls from white house black market. Ann taylor carries bridesmaid dresses. My friend just got married and use Sunshine. She did a really great job. I am not sure of her number I could get it from my friend if you would like. I think it was 50 bucks a person.
  • brittjoy84brittjoy84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Panache Salon is the closest salon to your venue, they do make up but I don't know if they will send someone to you.
  • edited December 2011
    Alfred Angelo has a really cute dress that comes in several colors. If you go onto their website www.alfredangelo.com and click on new bridesmaid dresses in the lower right hand corner, it will be the main dress featured on the left.
  • seashells128seashells128 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for all the help ladies, Im going to be checking out all these next Monday hopefully! Will be a super bussy 2 days in St Augustine, trying to put deposits down and finalize all the major planning (our officiant, cake--Defores & Sweet Weddings, locating a beach location for the ceremony, chair rentals--any other recommendations? We're looking at going with One Voice Productions--chairs seem a good price, and thats all we need--anyone have experience with them?, and lastly we're going to find the salon--panache seems to be the winning one so far!) so hopefully it all works out and I can feel like Ive accomplished something! HA! Im in nursing school full time now, finishing up in December, and had no idea how time consuming it was to plan my dream wedding by January 24th, 2010! Its going to be here before I know it!
  • edited December 2011
    Defore's is amazing - Kerry (the lady you will meet with) is great! We are using her for our November wedding. Good luck with everything else :)
  • seashells128seashells128 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey ladies, I'm still searching for someone to do my makeup, i checked sunshines website, but her wedding day bride coverage is $150, which is a little much! Anyone have any other makeup artists they could recommend? And also, anyone have any beach location suggestions near downtown St.Augustine, and know if we can "get away with" pulling a permit?   Thanks!! -Michelle
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards