Louisiana-Baton Rouge

When is a good time to take engagment pictures if my wedding is in Oct 2010?

Just need to know when are you suppose to take engagment pictures? How far in advance? My wedding is October 2010Please Help!
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: When is a good time to take engagment pictures if my wedding is in Oct 2010?

• edited December 2011
    I posted the same question on the October 2010 board last week! lol. I e-mailed our photography place and they said whenever we wanted, the sooner the better, but definitely wait until it cools down. The advice from the girls on the Oct. 2010 board was at least 6 months prior to the wedding just in case you want to use the pics for Save the Dates, guestbook, etc. to make sure you get them back in time.My plan is take our engagements this fall (late Oct. or sometime in Nov.) and my bridals in March or April. Waiting until too long next year (like 6 months previous to wedding) we again have to deal with the heat issue. Also, since we are getting married in the fall, I wanted to take our pics in the fall since we are taking our pics outside. HTH!
  • eponvilleeponville member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    All of the photographers I met with said the same thing about when to take pitcures...If doing pictures outside you might want to do them early october- before everything dies and time changes- lighting is a big thing in the "winter" months since the days are shorter photogrpahers have less of the "good natural light" to work with...
  • edited December 2011
    We took ours this past June. My wedding is March 2010. However, I wouldn't recomment taking them during the summer. We took them in the French Quarter and it was extremely hot! I would look into taking yours in the spring of 2010.
  • ceruiz9ceruiz9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married in June 2010 and we are taking our engagement pics either in October or November.
  • toastie624toastie624 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think at least six months before is good. We're getting married in June 2010, and actually have ours planned for September. Also, usually the photographer you book for the wedding will give you a deal on e-pics, so that's something to consider too, if you want to wait a bit.Good luck! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards