Gothic Weddings

Food Poll

What's on your menu?

Re: Food Poll

• We're keeping things casual and having a BBQ! We're serving: Baby Back Ribs (w/plenty of wet naps!) Grilled BBQ Chicken Black Bean Garden Burgers (for our Vegetarians) Cucumber Tomato Salad Red Bliss Potato Salad Vegetarian Baked Beans Rolls And we're only serving beer & wine.
  • Hors d'oeuvres: bruschetta pomodora with mozzarella, stuffed mushrooms, scallops wrapped in bacon, mini spring rolls, and a cold display with cheese, fruit and veggies.Appetizer: fresh fruit with toasted almonds.Salad: mixed greens with balsamic vinaigrette.Entrees: beef tenderloin with peppercorn sauce or Mediterranean chicken.  Dessert: white chocolate mousse and wedding cake.  Our wedding cake is orange and amaretto layers.Drinks: four hour premium service.Oh, and FMIL is renting a chocolate fountain- because she wanted one.I'd have been fonder of something more low-key, but this venue was the best of our options, and of course they only have a plated dinner.
  • Hey All! Just found this board (LOVING IT!). I thought I would chime in on this one... Apps: Peanut Chicken Satay, Veg Spring Rolls Dinner: Mongolian BBQ w/ Pocket Bread Late Nite Snack: Hot Pretzels w/various dipping sauces Drinks: White, Red Wine, Champagne, Shiner, Blue Moon, Soda's, & Ice Tea Its so cool reading all thru these posts...I am getting more and more ideas!
    "I will not eat fruit unless it is in loop or pebble form!" Stephen Colbert BabyFruit Ticker image image BabyFetus Ticker
  • This seems familar? lol...glad to know I'm not the only budget bride here. :)We're doing stationed apps: Roma tomato bruschetta on grilled baguettesVegetables crudite with hummusSliced fresh fruitFor dinner it's : Tricolored tortellini with red pepper cream sauceChicken picatta (had to have at least one meat dish for the family)Roasted red potatoesGarden salad RollsTea, coffee, lemonade, and an open bar
  • Oh we're budge to LOL. We're doing pretty much finger foods since we're having a late ceremony. Sweet and Sour Meat Balls Ham and Cheddar pita spirals Fruit and Dip Veggies and Dip Various Meats and Cheeses Rolls Pumpkin Cheesecake Mini Cupcakes from a cupcake shop here in town.
    Photobucket
  • Oh yeah and we ordered custom Jones Soda as favors as well and we're providing wine.
    Photobucket
  • So far I only know we're having fresh made corn tortillas made.  We deciding on our menu 6 weeks out from our date. O and I know what our cake flavors are!!
  • We just decided this week and I am so excited about what we chose! Appetizers: Passed spanakopitas, sweet potato french fries with orange/ginger dipping sauce, brie and cranberries in puff pastry, and bacon wrapped scallops. We are also having a cheese/fresh veggie/fruit bar. Buffet: Plated salads, Chicken Florentine, pork with some kind of sauce, roasted red potatoes with rosemary, and green beans almondine.I am hungry just thinking about it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards