Wedding Etiquette Forum

sororities

I have noticed that quite a few ladies on here belong to sororities so I was wondering what you are in and if your FI is greek what fraternity is he in?

Re: sororities

• I was decidedly NOT a sorority girl.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • I was almost Greek for about a minute.  Then I came to my senses and realized I don't like anyone enough to live with 40 girls.
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • I was decidedly NOT a sorority girl.Yes. The only Greek group I was in related to my degree; a greek honor society. Once a nerd..
  • I am a brother in the co-ed Phi Sigma Pi fraternity. It's kind of a mix of greek and honor fraternity. FI was not in any fraternity in college.
  • ASAFI was not involved in the Greek system - thinking about that makes me laugh
  • My college did not have Greek housing so  did not have to live with them, if i did I am not sure i would have stayed but anyways I was a KD and FI was in Delta Tau Delta
  • Phi Mu for two years before I disaffiliated. I didn't have time for it anymore. I still talk to many of the girls though. :-)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I joined Delta Delta Delta and Fi joined Delta Chi.  Actually, I met FI on his bid day.
  • We didn't have housing on my campus due to an old Chicago law about brothels, but I did live with some girls from the fraternity.  Alpha Omicron Pi.  It's an all women fraternity.  It's a fraternity because the word sorority didn't exist when AOPi started.
    Kailyn Jean Born August 6, 2011 (3w6d early) imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Planning Bio
  • Fish I have never heard of a ceremony at a bach party, that is a rude thing to do and you be the only person to be left out.  We had AXD at our school and their nickname was the fuzzies. That always made me laugh.
  • I was in a sorority for one semester.  All the estrogen in the house made me want to kill myself, so I quit.
  • Aww TBH, my mom was a tri-Delt. I used to make so much fun of her because of that old Saturday Night Live sketch.
  • I relentlessly made fun of her all through our friendship for her sororityness. When sorority life was on MTV, we'd have papa johns and watch it together every week. So when this all came about I sat in teh other room and 50% giggled to myself 50% sat with a WTF look on my face.Then I teased them all night. Good times.

The Margarita Evolution
  • I was almost a Phi Sig, because I'm a legacy there, but I'm kind of glad I didn't join them because they were incredibly b!tchy at my school
  • Yes Phi Sig were the biitches on my campus also.
  • I am a Chi Omega!  My DH is not Greek.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think it is funny how a sororities reputations are different chapter to chapter.
  • I was a Phi Sig. My college was really big on being either an athlete or greek. It was fun, I'm glad I had the experience.
  • lol Phi Sigs were pretty laid back, the KAEs were the bittches!
  • i was an Alpha Phi, FI was in Psi Upsilon, we lived across the street from each other which was how we met. footnote: my roommates in the dorm were BSC, sorority after that was actually a relief, but I would have laughed my soroity friends out of the bar if they tried to do any greek stuff at a bachelorette party  
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

It's Always Sunny on St. Paddy's Day
  • I was a Phi Mu for almost 3 quarters but then I quit because our chapter was about to close anyways due to low numbers. I was the social chair and would set up parties with fraternities (what in the heck did they call those?). Plus I was hanging out more with my friends from the dorm and the "sisters" didn't like that. I did meet my best friend in the sorority so I'm happy I was a part of it.
  • YAY Julie!! *high five* Yeah I didn't do any committees once I was in, but I was president of my pledge class.
  • At my private little Lutheran college, I was a member of Alpha Beer Omega. Membership? 2.

The Margarita Evolution
  • I agree about chapters being different - my sister's chapter of Phi Sig was really nice and I probably would have been more comfortable there, but on our campus they were the really snobby/vapid/stereotypical sorority girls, and there's really only one or two that I ever became friends with.
  • I'm a Delta Gamma, but we didn't live together because of the same weird brothel rule. I preferred it that way, living wherever I wanted but still being really involved whenever I wanted to. FI is about as far from a Greek kind of guy as possible. He was a good sport coming to our formals whenever he was in town, but he spent his college experience cooped up in the design building on weekend nights. Raging partier, that one.
  • My husband was in both I Felta Thigh and I Tappa Keg.
  • On my campus the tri-Delts were the bittches. I seem to remember that they all smoked and were incredibly skinny but also really beautiful. My 18 year old self kind of hated and admired them at the same time.
  • My best friend since kindergarten was in one. I can't remember which. I was not, but I teased her almost as relentlessly as I teased her when she got a minivan a few years later. I don't have anything agaist a sorority, they are just not my thing. It was more her mom's thing, really, which made picking on her not as fun. What sorority has an owl for their mascot? I've been asked at least 5 times if I was a member because of the tiny tattoo on my wrist.
  • The only "sorority" I even considered was SAI, but the girls at my campus were horrible human beings. FI was in Phi Mu Alpha with all the other bandos. We are decidedly NOT the social fraternity/sorority type.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • [i]I'm a Delta Gamma, but we didn't live together because of the same weird brothel rule. I preferred it that way, living wherever I wanted but still being really involved whenever I wanted to. [/i] Same thing here. Sororities aren't allowed houses. We had a house that was informally dubbed the Phi Mu house and like 5 girls lived there and that's where we had most of our parties. It was right next to Sigma Chi so we partied with them a lot. The other biitches on campus were the Zetas (Zeta Tau Alpha).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards