Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

sororities

2»

Re: sororities

• Options
    salt--woot! We're both quitters, ha!
  • Options
    At my school Zeta Tau Alpha were the stereotypical bitchy sorority girls.  I knew a few girls who were really sweet before and then became snobs when they joined zetas.
  • Options
    not sure why that was though... nicknames never seemed to actually make sense
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

It's Always Sunny on St. Paddy's Day
  • Options
    I'm Alpha Phi.  He's Theta Xi.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I wish my school had them (not big in canada). I would have loved to experience it.
    My Fashion & Beauty Blog: www.veronikasblushing.com
  • Options
    I was an Alpha Gamma Delta.  We also didn't have houses, just meeting rooms.  FI went to West Point, which has a lot of similarities to a gigantic frat.  Bec -- That's Chi Omega. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    Im a Delta Zeta (also, no housing due to brothels) thankfully. And FI is a Kappa Sigma.
  • Options
    Delta Delta Delta, can I help ya, help ya, help ya?I'm a Tri Delta. DH is not Greek, he went to a small private college that didn't have a Greek system.
  • Options
    My college didn't have them, but I probably wouldn't have joined anyway because knowing myself, I would have hated it.  I'm kinda antisocial sometimes.
  • Options
    well, yeah, i did get that the nickname went with the letters, it still seemed weird. ivystar, nice username, aoe
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

It's Always Sunny on St. Paddy's Day
  • Options
    AOE Pink!  I had the username long before APhi.  Actually, I had never even thought about the connection, but you're right, it totally works!  It was just meant to be :) 
  • Options
    Squirrly, that explains the SN :) Unless it's just a coincidence. I'm a Sigma Kappa, and DH is  Pi Kappa Phi.  We also had no houses (that brothel thing is a lot more common than I realized) but DH lived in his house for 2 years.  The slutty/bitchy sororities on our campus were delta zetas and tri sigs.  I still had several friends in most sororities though.  I'm really glad I did it, I made a lot of friends not just through my organization but in the greek system as a whole.  But I still stayed friends with what I called "my roommate friends" who never went Greek.  I lived with them each all through college, either in the dorms or in a house. I never actually lived with any sorority sisters.  I had one of each group (sorority sister and roommate) as BMs. :)
    Leo says hi. He's...special.
    Married
    Planning
  • Options
    Salt - I've heard that I don't know how many timesBec- the sorority with the owl is Chi Omega
  • Options
    I was also a KD and loved it. FI was a TKE.
  • Options
    I was Phi Beta Chi for a whole semester :) FI was GDI. My sorority had a very small house, so only a dozen or so girls could live there, most (like me) had off-campus housing or lived in the dorms. Also, I was a very very old freshmen, so I wasn't a typical "sorority girl". I think I was 22ish at the time, so I was older than most of the actives. I was only in for a semester because at the end of that semester I got a job offer in another city and left school.
    ========= Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I was in a sorority in college (we were local, all of our Greek organizations were local -- lower dues!) My fiance was in a national music fraternity. I don't think it's the same as being in a regular fraternity, but I let him think what he wants.
  • Options
    I'm Sigma Alpha Iota - it's a music frat for women but we still go through pledging. FI went to Princeton where there's not a greek system but he did join an eating club which is the equivalent of the greek system.
    imageAnniversary

RIP Dr. Irving Fishman - 10/1/19-7/25/10 - thank you for holding on for me.
    You made my wedding day complete.
  • Options
    I joined Gamma Phi Beta. FI wasn't in a fraternity.
  • Options
    I'm an Alpha Chi Omega.  My mom is now the house mother. FI said the idea of going Greek never even occured to him.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    Phi Sigma Sigma here.  I didn't have to pledge since we founded the chapter at my school so I think was a completely diffrent experience than most.
  • Options
    poli, I was a DG too!  We also didn't have a house - no sororities did on our campus although we did have a bunch of non-Greek "clubs" on campus that had houses.  We had chapter meetings at one of the guys' clubhouses.  FI didn't go to a traditional 4 year college so he wasn't Greek.
  • Options
    My husband was in both I Felta Thigh and I Tappa Keg. LOL. nice one.
  • Options
    I was Sigma Alpha Iota and loved it!  Two of my bridesmaids are my sisters. FI wasn't greek but he was heavily recruited by Delta Tau Delta.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    tlv - you got it!  I needed a username for something freshman year, and used some version of this. . . and now, it's stuck.  Even my WoW toons have something to do with squirrly, for the most part.  :)
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
     Trifury - I was a founding sister as well in my chapter. Completely different experience for sure!
  • Options
    I'm a Delta Zeta alum and FI is a Kappa Delta Rho alum. Same housing rules here...we had suites on campus that we were able to decorate and consider our "sorority/fraternity homes." FI lived in the suite above me sophomore year so we constantly ran into each other in the stairwell or at parties:)
  • Options
    I'm a Phi Mu too!We also couldn't have sorority houses on our campus- which I loved b/c I could barely stand living with 3 other women- a whole house full would have made me crazy!  FI belonged to a small local frat- but I don't even remember the name of it- we met LONG after college!
  • Options
    I was actually a founding member of my chapter too, I think it makes the experience so much better.
  • Options
    I'm a very proud Alpha Sigma Tau alum.  My FI is an alum of the Semper Fidelis fraternity (USMC) :)  Several of my sorority sisters and pledge sisters will be attending my wedding.  My sorority little sister will be my MOH as I was hers.
    PitaPata Dog tickers Visit The Nest! Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards