South Asian Weddings

Re: SA (Punjabi) Wedding Article

• Options
    katie978katie978 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    just reading the first sentence makes me tired!  :)  thanks for posting, nice article!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love it, thanks!
  • Options
    Meghana55Meghana55 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for posting!  That was a nice story.  I feel like it's rare nowadays that people who were born and brought up in the states go the pseudo "arranged marriage" route.  DH had a friend a few years back who married a "FOB" and he was someone you never would have thought would go for set-up situation. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Meg, I think it's so interesting, too.  BTW, how did your husband's friend's marriage work out?
  • Options
    Meghana55Meghana55 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So far so good! :-)  It's came as such a shock to everyone cause he was definintely one of those guys that you would have thought would NEVER let his parents set him up with someone from India.  But it worked out and they've been married for 4 years! Unfortunately one of my old college roommates had a set-up situation.  They talked a bunch through email (he lived in Pakistan).  He came to the U.S. to look at med schools and they met and decided to go for it.  They had the nikah (the religious ceremony), but then she later learned what a tool he was (and his mother!).  Craziness ensued, but thankfully they weren't legally married!
  • Options
    PamelaGtoBePamelaGtoBe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    sweet story :) and her reception outfit was AMAZING!!! ps neha...your wedding was incredibly beautiful..something i aspire to :) thanks for sharing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards