Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Vendor Reviews Part 2

Flowers - A All About Flowers for Weddings - We changed our mind last minute on what we were doing and hired Judy about 6 weeks before the wedding. She was so accomodating. We did blue hydrangeas for my bouquet and white for the girls. Invitations - A+ I got both my save the dates and invitations through Nantucket Notables in Plymouth Center. They were so incredibly nice to work with and everything came out great.Limos - A+ White Tie Limo We used them for the wedding and as a car service to get us to the limo when we left for honeymoon. They were incredibly professional and early for every pickup.Buses - A First Student. We used them to transport our guest from the hotels to the church and reception. They were also prompt and got everyone home safely.Dress - A Vows, Newton. I bought my dress off the rack from Vows and loved it. I got it altered across the street by Anahit and she did a great job.Bridesmaids Dresses A - Aria., Boston I picked the fabric and color and the girls picked their own styles. It worked out great. We also ordered ties from here for the guys.Tuxes - A Domenic's, Plymouth. This is a great family business in Plymouth Center. Everyone's tuxes fit great and nothing had to be altered.Honeymoon - A Belize..so fantastic stayed at Victoria House and Turtle InnIf anyone wants anymore info or pictures just let me know!

Re: Vendor Reviews Part 2

• edited December 2011
    CONGRATS! I am happy that everything went so well...my daughter is getting married next month at the poppy also. So, it is great to hear good things! She is using several of the same vendors, specifically, white tie and all about flowers. I would Love to see some pix of the poppy decorated, centerpieces and bouquets and bouts. Again, best of luck..TIA
  • edited December 2011
    thanks...you can go to kristinyoungphotography.com and go to the order online section and pick the 7/24 harrington tedeman wedding..the password is kristenjay if your daughter has any questions just let me know. Good luck with your planning!  
  • edited December 2011
    Pictures look beautiful - Congrats! I've actually been trying to figure out where to get ready? Did you rent one of the houses on New Seabury?
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats! Thanks for sharing your reviews, I'm getting married at Popponesset next September. I'm planning on shuttling my guests as well, where did you decide to have everyone stay? Also, any Poppy specific planning tips would be very much appreciated. Thanks and congratulations!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Yes we rented  the Poppy Cottages. They were really cute and convenient for eveyone to get ready at.  My hair and make up lady(Lisa George) was great and came right to the cottage and did everything right there so we never had to leave that day and drive to a salon.
  • edited December 2011
    We had guests chose from a few places.Some of our friends rented condos at New Seabury which was great because we all hung out at the beach and pool the day after.The hotels we used were in Falmouth...Admiralty Inn, Holiday Inn, and Inn on the Square. We wanted to  provide a range of options for everyone and the bus people were so easy to accomodate picking everyone up at all three locations. I originally picked Holiday Inn as my third option because it was the only one that did a one night minimum..but about a month before the wedding both Admiralty and Inn on the Square accepted one nights. If you need anymore info let me know.
  • edited December 2011
    As for planning at the Poppy the view is so amazing that you don't need to do much, but I did rent linens for the tables so I could do a couple of shades of blue. They will only provide white. I am really happy that I rented the linens because it ended up looking great.
  • edited December 2011
    pictures are just beautiful! Thanks for sharing!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the tips! Did you do a sit down dinner or stations? Wilma mentioned that almost half their receptions are stations. I've never been to a wedding like that before so I was curious what people's experience was. If you did sit down, what did you have and how was it? TIA
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We did sit down and it was great. We were originally going to do the stations but we weren't sure if we were going to have over 200 people so we thought it might be too crowded. The sit down was great. We let people chose from two meals and they both got great reviews from everyone.  Let me know if you want anymore info. BTW Wilma was excellent to work with!!
  • edited December 2011
    just realized you wanted to know what we had.. Chowder, Salad, choice of Chicken Boursin or the Native Cod, we did the cake with the cream and berries for dessert and later in the evening we had ice cream bon bons! Everything was great.
  • Kylamc01Kylamc01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for letting us see your pictures-they were beautiful! I love your bridesmaids dresses, what color and fabric were they? I also think that I'm going to let my bridesmaids pick their own styles, it just makes much more sense!-Kyla
  • edited December 2011
    Kyla - The color was Periwinkle and the fabric was Silk Shantung. I was really happy with Aria and the girls loved picking out their own styles.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards