Washington-Seattle
Options

an article from a magazine at my gma's house.

here is an article that was in the may 1955 issue of housekeeping monthly. its pretty funny IMO.

Over the cooler month of the year, you should prepare a light fire for him to unwide by... after all, catering for his comfort will provide you with immense personal satisfaction.
let him talk first-remember, his topics of conversations aremore important than yours.
Don't complain if he's late home for dinner or even if he stays out all night. Count this as minor compared to what he might have gone through that day.
Remember, he is the master of his house and as such will always exercise his will with fairness and truthfulness. You have no right to question him.

Actually, my dad was in the bathroom and found it and decided to read it to every one. It made me laugh a little. Oh, how times have changed. :)
BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!

Re: an article from a magazine at my gma's house.

• Options
    cmcclaningcmcclaning member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha... I've seen that before and others like it when I was taking Women in American Culture. If I remember correctly, there was one that said to fluff his pillow, clean the children (the man doesn't like sticky children), have dinner ready, doll yourself up, pour him a stiff drink and let him have a quiet evening in his study... pshh not anymore LOL My fiancee laughed quite hard and asked me if I was going to do those things.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My grandmas has a homemaker text book she got in high school. It's baffling. I think it's interesting at the same time. My aunt gave me a copy of The Facsinating Womanhood for a gift one year... I couldn't harldy handle reading how skeezy and sexist that one is. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards