Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Running of the Brides this Friday

Has anyone gone to the "Running of the Brides" at Filene's Basement?  They are having there annual sale this Friday in Boston.  Just wondering if any has gone/had any luck finding there dress there.  I would have to take the day off of work, but for a $300 dress it might be worth it.

Re: Running of the Brides this Friday

• edited December 2011
    I went to the one in Feb. or March of this year.  I didn't get there until 10 or 11 am, but there were still a ton of dresses left.  I didn't like anything I saw, I guess it depends on what you are looking for.  Pretty much all of the dresses were puffy with a lot of beading.  If you want something more simple (which I do) I didn't think they had a great variety.  I also thought the dresses were a bit beatup looking.  I thought I was going to find a 7000.00 Vera Wang for 700.00 but it didn't happen.  I did see some designer dresses, but they were ugly in my opinon.  If you are picky, I don't think it is a good place to go for a dress.
  • edited December 2011
    I went to the last one in the early spring- you definitly have to be patient and diligent, but I found the perfect dress!  We were far back in the line, so as soon as we got in all the dresses had been ripped down, but we kept walking around looking for the style I wanted (also simple, no beading) and I ended up with some to choose from.  It was a lot of fun- and definitly worth it for the savings.  Just make sure you check the dress out to see if it is beaten up!  Let me know if you need help or advice :)
  • Sarah1514Sarah1514 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went last year in August... Its at the Hynes Convention Center... I had a blast... Paid $250 but then had to pay $200 for alterations.... I thought still not badHowever.... 1 year later I don't love the dress. I like it... its very pretty but I felt like I settled.... And now I'm getting married in 10 days and just yesterday literally went to DB and bought a dress... so now I'm another $700 in the whole. I guess it depends... experience again was wonderful. Had a blast! but in the end still spent as much or more to get my dream dress.... good luck whatever you do! and let us know how it goes
  • pudmyer2009pudmyer2009 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice! I'm also looking for something simple, but the experience seems worth it whether I find a dress or not. I'm still up in the air about going, but if I do, I'll let you all know how it went!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards