Missouri-St Louis

Newly Engaged

I just got engaged on Friday night, and I am so ready to start planning a small, intimate wedding for this Fall.  This is a second marriage for myself and my fiance, so we want something very simple.  Is anyone getting married outdoors or has recently?  I am looking at parks, some all-inclusive packages at chapels and B&B's in Mo, etc.  Any info you have would be great!Thanks!Christina 

Re: Newly Engaged

• edited December 2011
    Congratulations!!!  Check out Herman, MO.  I think that is where they have a lot of B&B's and winerys and not far from St. Louis.  Keep us posted!
  • edited December 2011
    Have you looked into Hermann Hill? It's in Hermann MO, I'm not sure if they would have anything for this fall or not, but they have a chapel, reception hall and cottages to stay in. They will also give you info on other vendors (photographers, ect.) who have worked there before. Also, Villa Antonia Winery is a smaller winery and is very pretty.
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations! I'm getting married in September at The Music Stand in Tower Grove Park, it is gorgeous!
  • crickit21crickit21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Bee Tree Park in South County on 8/29/09.  It is a beautiful park.  The spot we are having our ceremony in actually overlooks the river. 
  • christina1313christina1313 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    CRIKIT21, how much do they charge to rent the facility?
  • edited December 2011
    Bee Tree Park: http://www.co.st-louis.mo.us/parks/beetree.html http://bookit.stlouisco.com/cgi-bin/prp_fbk.exe?act=facInfo&facCode=BEE You can also look in The World's Fair Pavillion, The Artists' Guild, Jewel Box, Mt Pleasant Winery...
  • edited December 2011
    I have to agree with Bee Tree Park ! My friend got married there in Oct 08 and it was the most beautiful place. Lots of flowers, colors places to take pics...you name it.
  • christina1313christina1313 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone.  We are actually drive out to Maramec Spring Park on Sunday afternoon to look.  There is a bridge with a waterfall that you can get married by. (http://www.maramecspringpark.com/maramec/index.html)  It is so beautiful and they don't even charge anything.  You do have to let them know if you are coming, so I hope that Rick likes it (he should-he suggested it because his niece just got married there) and we can set a date for October.  Then I will be able to line up everything else... like a dress, which I can't wait to start looking for.I'll keep you updated!  :)Christina
  • edited December 2011
    Not sure where you live in St. Louis, but you might check out Villa Antonio WInery in Pevely/ Hillsboro.  I am getting married there next fall and it is beautiful!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 320 Invited so far!
    image 156 Are ready to party!
    image 54 Will be missing out!
    image 110 Are MIA!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards