Iowa-Des Moines
Options

Vendor Reviews! VERY VERY LONG :)

These are well overdue, so I thought I would get them done.  I apologize, becuase it will be VERY lengthy and I hope I didn't miss anyone!!  If you have specific questions that I didn't answer, please know yall can email me at kcowart@metropolispa.com!!Prairie Meadows (Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, and Reception)  A+  Even though I ran into some issues during my planning, overall I have to give them an A+.  The day of our wedding they did an amazing job.  The food and the hor'deurves were excellent.  They took care of all the details, the staff was great, and I feel they went above and beyond.  I really want to give thumbs up to Rachael and Meghan who helped me plan our wedding for just short of a year, and they were wonderful to answering my tons of emails and offering suggestions anywhere they could.Metropolis P.A (Wedding Coordinators)  I wasn't sure exactly how this was going to play out, LOL.  I know from personal experience that Trish & Holly are amazing at what they do when coordinating a wedding.  But, truth be told, I did worry that I would be very hands on, concerned with every detail, wondering what needs to be done...BUT, I didn't, not for one second of my entire rehearsal, ceremony, cocktail hour, or reception, did I worry about a thing or even think about a thing.  They were soooo incredibly amazing, I actually got to be the bride, the whole entire day.  I don't know what I would done without them.  I have received compliment after compliment about how helpful they were, not just to my wedding party, but to my guests as well, and my new husband was sooo impressed.  It was a wonderful experience for us...Cynthia Betts (Planner & Florist)  It was truly an honor getting to work with Cynthia.  She has amazing talents.  I actually won one of her planning packages.  Truly I thought why do I need a planner?  But believe me, she has tons of experience and knowledge and she was sooo helpful to me when I needed it.  I didn't have to harass her much, but when I had a question or needed a second opinion she was right there, ready to help.  Cynthia also did all my floral (centerpieces, ceremony, bouquets, everything).  She did an amazing job.  The best part of that for me was I told her what I did like and what I didn't like, and I didn't have to worry about another thing to do with floral after that.  Her prices are great and my floral was everything I had hoped for.Nuzum Photo (Engagement & Wedding Photography) Steve & Ashley did our engagement photos and our wedding photos.  I can't say enought great things about these two.  They did a fabulous job capturing so many memories for us.  My husband and I are very camera shy, but they did an awesome job making us very comfortable and we actually enjoyed having our pictures done.  Within days they had blogs up of some of our photos for both the engagement and the wedding, and they had all the photos ready in less than 2 weeks.  Really, even though I booked them appr Sept. 8th, I really did not have to do much planning with them, they know what they are doing and they know what a wedding couple is looking for.  Their talent is AMAZING and they are very easy to work with.Action Multimedia DJ/Videographer/Live Guitar...I have already touched on this a little, but I have more to say.  Karl did an amazing job playing guitar during our ceremony, and playing our recorded music during our ceremony and cocktail hour (we would't have been able to have music during the cocktail hour, if it weren't for him).  He did an awesome job djing at our reception.  He did all the announcements and he played our slideshow.  He also went above and beyond finding polka music for my father n law.  That is a family tradition that I did not make Karl aware of, in hopes it would be forgotten.  Karl handled it, found the music, and I did the polka with my father in law and that is a memory I will never forget.  The dance floor was a little slow in the beginning, because we requested certain music to be played.  Karl warned me that others might request something differnet and we agreed that requests should be played.  Once requests were given,  the dance floor was crazee, Karl kept that type of music going the remainder of the night, at times people had to dance on the floor.  I am very greatful for that, the result was alot of dancing and alot of fun.  Karl also did our videography, our video is not complete yet, so that review is pending.  Karl is great to work with, communicates great, responds to emails very quickly.Sengria (or weddingsongnow.com) Danny created a personalized wedding song for our 1st dance.  He wrote the words and the music and recorded the song.  It was beautiful.  Danny was alot of fun to work with and has an AMAZING voice.  He wasn't able to perform our song live at our wedding due to having his BABY BOY born!!  This man is amazingly talented.   Indulgent Moments (Cake) Tom did a fabulous job on our wedding cake.  Our cake was beautiful.  He also made an Atomic Cake for the groom's cake (this was my husbands mothers favorit cake- and it is kinda a big thing in Chicago), it too was awesome.  I am still getting many compliments on how delicous our cake was.Officient: Pastor Joseph Karge was wonderful to work with.  He personalized our ceremony to me and my husband's religous backgrounds.  It was about our relationship and our life together.  It truly was the most amazing ceremony I have ever heard, and I still get lots of compliments on how beautiful it was.Rental: Classic Events & Parties  Great to work with, delivered and picked up our arches as planned.Creative Vacations (Honeymoon) Michaela (previously a knottie) planned our honeymoon, airfare, and car rental.  We spent 6 days/5 nights in the Pocono Mountains.  She set even our appts for some of the things we wanted to do.  Literally, I put it in her hands and she took care of it all.  She deserves so much credit, she is wonderful to work with and has a ton of knowledge.Anani Salon & Spa: Hair & makeup: This one is tough.  I have to give them an A on doing everyone's hair and makeup.  All my girls were very happy and looked so very beautiful.  I have to give them a C for their prices.  They are extremely expensive and were a little misleading about it.Bella Flora Event Design:  WOW, I cannot say enough wonderful things about Kelly, Lynn (her mom) and her entire team.  They decorated my entire ceremony including the arches, chair covers and sashes, candelabras, aisle runner with petals, all my tables ex. sand ceremony.  They decorated my reception all the linens and the centerpieces and the drapery.  Everything was sooo elegant and sooo beautiful.  They truly gave us the wedding of our dreams.  They are very knowledgable and offer tons of suggestions.  It is also became very easy for me to say, do what will look best...Seriously, they are the best to work with...and I feel my wedding shows how amazing they are.A Work of Heart By Cari  Where to begin?  I had NO idea of what I wanted.  Cari took the colors of our wedding and created our theme.  She made our wedding party invites, bachelorette party gifts, save-the-dates, invitations, programs, menus, table numbers, seating chart, thank you cards, wedding party thank you cards, vendor thank you  cards, easy to read cards for my ceremony readers (they had to alternate), and gifts for my readers and my matron of honor.  Everything coordinated together and everything was made by hand and everything was unique, no one will EVER have what I had.  I have received so many compliments on how my invitations (and other things) were the best anyone has ever seen.  Cari also addressed, stamped and mailed everything for me.  She too, had alot of knowledge, she is incredible to work with, quickly responds to emails, and has amazing prices.Wild Orchid Gems: my jewelry and wedding pary jewelry!  Corey the owner is a personal friend of mine, so where I was getting our jewelry was never a question.  Corey did an amazing job on all of our jewelry.  She went above and beyond working with me from Illinois.  She sent me samples upon samples until we were able to pin down the exact colors I need for our jewerly.  Every piece was made of high quality swarovski crystal and were just beautiful.  If you check out her website, trust me when I say the pictures does not do her jewelry justice.  In person it is soooo beautiful.  Corey is just wonderful to work with.Bouquet Preservation:  PENDING

Re: Vendor Reviews! VERY VERY LONG :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I knew that I forgot something!Davids Bridal  I purchased my dress, and all my accessories, and my bridesmaids dresses, and flower girl dress, plus quite a bit of other ceremony items.  To buy things from them was perfect...they were great and friendly.  Alterations, that is a whole different story.  This cost me 328.00, but it was a living nightmare.  I have told the story before but if anyone wants the details again, give me a shout.Men's Wharehouse...I got groom's tux, his 6 guys, ring bearer, 2 ushers, and 2 dads tuxes (12 total) without one single problem.  Our guys ordered from all over different states, and still everything was PERFECT...
  • Options
    erinnhahnerinnhahn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the reviews, very good information.  My question for you though is Bella Flora let you use another florist rather than theirs?  I asked Kelly and she told me I had to use her florist, which isn't a big deal because the pictures I had seen looked great but just thought that was interesting that you were able to use another florist when they told me I had to use theirs.  I understand why they told me I had to use theirs, they said it helps with the cordination of the decor and floral, which makes sense.  Your decor and floral was very beautiful by the way! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That is an excellent question!!  It would honestly have been so much easier for my vendors, had I used them for floral, however, I had already booked my florist and paid my deposit, so there was no other way around it.  But, I will be honest, it would have simpler to have been able to use hers, becuase they had to go back and forth for sizes to be used, the correct bowl shapes, ect...  HTH
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    PS thank you for the compliments...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards