North Carolina-Outer Banks

Hey Mr. DJ

Has anyone found an "up-to-date", hip DJ for their wedding? All the DJ's I have found online seem to be older and more traditional. I'm looking for a younger dj, or one that can play current music. Thx!

Re: Hey Mr. DJ

• BeckystixBeckystix member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had the same problem as you.  All the DJs I found around the Outer Banks area weren't really my style.  I am from NJ, so I went on the North Carolina board and asked those girls.  Everyone highly recommended All the Right Grooves.  They are out of the Charlotte area, so I wasn't sure about them coming to the Outer Banks.  I emailed them and they gave me what I thought was a great price to travel 5 1/2 hours each way. They are very affordable and from everthing I've heard, they are awesome!  I'm getting married Oct. 16th so I can let you know how it goes if you don't need to book someone before then.  Good luck!
  • allipickallipick member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • cavs2001cavs2001 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How much was the travel expenses for the DJ from Charlotte? And how much was their fees?  Thanks!
  • BeckystixBeckystix member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It was $1100 total which included them traveling the 5 1/2 hours each way and also included them coming the day before and staying in a hotel for two nights.
  • allipickallipick member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we just used dj bruce and he was awesome.   we sent him a list of songs we wanted (80's/90's/current)  and he played all of them.   he chooses the order of songs based on the mood of the crowd (perfect) and mixes one song into another so there's never a down moment between songs.by the end of the night our group was chanting bruce! bruce! bruce!  so needless to say, he was a crowd pleaser.so easy to work with.  highly recommended.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards