Wedding Etiquette Forum

I'm slow. Dont worry its WR

K, so I signed up for shutterfly for guests to upload their pictures. Is there a password to add pictures or do I just need to put the url on the photo share card? I made another account and was able to upload pictures without a password. Thanks yo!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I'm slow. Dont worry its WR

• They will have to sign in with the username and password, then upload pictures. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • But they make up their username and password, correct? I don't need to tell them a password. I always seem to see photoshare cards that say website: blah blah password: blah blah
  • I think the point is for you to make a username and password so the pictures are all together. username: wedding password: jessjo Voila :)
  • No, you need to create an account for your wedding.  So you need to create a username and password that you can put on the share cards and then guests use that to log in and upload pictures.  I made one for our wedding and made the username LastnameWedding and then made the password "wedding".  We didn't end up doing the cards though, but still.  If there's another way to do it, I don't know what it is.  I've used Shutterfly for years.
  • Argh, now I'm confused. When I go to the website, it lets me add pictures without a login (when I use my extra login that isnt the admin login). Where should I be needing a password?
  • Probably because you're already signed in maybe?If you are completely signed out, you should have to go to shutterfly.com and then click Member Sign In and then enter a username and password.
  • You should create a whole new account just for your wedding. Pretend you're totally new to Shutterfly and when you register/ sign up, do what Dani said.
  • It goes directly to my page if I use the url that it gave me for a photo sharing website. Maybe this is something new?
  • Okay, yeah I guess it could be something new.  If you want you could e-mail me the link and I could try it out for you to see if it requires me to put in a password.  danieliza at gmail.  Of course I guess you could ask your FI or someone to check it, but just in case it's something you want to know right now.
  • I just searched for one. If you go to this url and login under your username, it doesnt ask for additional password.http://vacation.shutterfly.com/
  • I'll email you mine and see if it lets you add pictures without a password.
  • Jess - when I went to that site and clicked Add Album (also tried Add Pictures) a box pops up wanting me to create my own account.  I think this is where you want to give people an e-mail and password to put in.  They can click Already a Member and put in the e-mail and password you provide that way they don't have to create their own account if they don't want to.A much less complicated option is to do what Vogt is doing and just put something like "please e-mail your pictures to us at xyze-mailaddress."
  • I just tried the one you e-mailed me and same thing, when I click to add an album or pics, it wants me to either log in or create an account.
  • Ah, I see, so the password stuff is to avoid everyone having to make an account. I get it. I'm trying to think of the easiest way for people to get the pictures to me. My family is not the best with computers!
  • Maybe I'll just do the email thing. You think I should make a special email for the wedding pics or use my personal one?
  • I'm trying to think of the easiest way for people to get the pictures to me. My family is not the best with computers! That's why I think it's best to go ahead and create an account for your wedding and put that info on the card.  That way people don't have to create their own account.
  • I think either would be fine. 
  • I might just do email. I can see FIs friends uploading dirty pictures to my public site, at least this way I can monitor which pics go on.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards