Wisconsin

When to get a hari cut?

Hey Ladies,
So I want to get my hair trimmed and high lighted before my wedding but I'm not sure when to do it. I was going to do it the week of but my mom says thats not a good idea. Any suggestions?

Re: When to get a hari cut?

• gundy21gundy21 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Talk to your stylist!

Mine had me come in for a color (my usual one) a week before.  She did not cut it, tho, since she knew how she was going to style it and it was in the condition she needed.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I am not cutting my hair until after the wedding. I am having my hair colored 2 weeks before the wedding. You need to allow time for the color to even out and what not 
  • edited December 2011
    I'd do it at least 1 week before the wedding, but would prefer 2.  Just in case you don't like the color, you'll have time to do something about it. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • navybride11navybride11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! I'll probably do it 2 weeks before
  • edited December 2011
    I got my hair done 2 weeks before the wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I would go as far as to say 2-3 weeks before.  Your hair needs time to "even out" as one knottie said before.  That way once your hair has evened out you can make sure you like it and have time to change it a bit before if you need to and still let that color settle.  If it is a normal coloring that you do with the same stylist then I'd say a week or two before would be fine.  If you are doing this with a new stylist or a different color combination than normal I'd say 3 weeks. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards