Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Wedding Dress Remorse

I think I need to stop looking at wedding dresses online, originally I loved mine, but I see so many other pretty ones that now I'm not so sure. Anyone else have wedding dress remorse?

Re: Wedding Dress Remorse

• Options
    there are lots of pretty dresses.  you chose yours because:1.  it looked pretty on you2.  it was in your desired price range3.  it suits your style--not someone else's.stop looking online. 
  • Options
    Yes, but I think it has more to do with the fact that I only got to go shopping once, at one store.  *shrug*  But, I try not to look at dresses or think about it.What does your dress look like?
  • Options
    Thanks Timmysgal, thats good advice. Amorro, I will post a pic for you to see it, I look like crap in the pic but you'll get the idea
  • Options
    Sometimes.  And then I stop and think about my dress and why I bought it.  Sometimes it's hard having so many options and so many resources.  I bet if you weren't looking online you wouldn't be feeling this way cause you (most likely) wouldn't be going to dress shops...Advice: STOP LOOKING! ;) Amoro - I love your new siggy :)
  • Options
    i absolutely love my dress. i did feel pressured to buy it though because the dress shop was having a truck sale and if i bought it then my veil came free. it was the only way i could justify spending that much money. i kinda wish i could have gone shopping one more time, but i doubt i would have found anything i love more.
  • Options
    p.s. stop looking online!
  • Options
    I had to stop looking at dresses after I bought mine.  I haven't regretted my decision, but there's always as prettier one out there.
  • Options
    There are other dresses I like. However, the other one's that I am attracted to are not appropriate for my wedding's setting. Taking that into consideration, I think my dress is perfect for me.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    "Politeness, n. The most acceptable hypocrisy." -Ambrose Bierce
  • Options
    ones*
  • Options
    I went through the same thing. I regret buying mine so early, but I still love the dress I got. Oh well. And yes, I've had to stop looking online too.
  • Options
    Stop looking online, you silly girl!!! You can never tell how pretty a dress will be on your body when you see it online anyway. I'm sure the dress you have now is perfect for you.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Thanks so much ladies, you all made me feel better. I know I need to stop looking online, damn all this free time at work!
  • Options
    I think the dress compliments you wonderfully. Stop looking online... this is a great dress!
  • Options
    Quit yer biitchin' immediately please. You are rockin' the hell out of that dress.
  • Options
    Thanks abs
  • Options
    haha Salt, what is in your giant bucket?
  • Options
    Stop looking online!! Look at flowers, or cakes, or anything else you have not picked out already.
  • Options
    Oh I just saw you in the dress, you look fantastic! Wow.
  • Options
    You can never tell how pretty a dress will be on your body when you see it online anyway.so true. i went dress shopping with one dress in mind and i thought i was going to buy it. i put it on and i didn't like it at all. it wasn't even in the top 10 of dresses i tried on. you really can't tell by looking at 2 pics of a model wearing it online.
  • Options
    Dutty - I wish I could tell you. It was some concoction that the bar made up as a special that day. It was delicious though; I had three of them. :-)
  • Options
    You look perfect in that dress. I have a website for you- STOPLOOKINGATDRESSES.COM
  • Options
    have you ever been over to "the dress" board? there are constantly tons of posts over there about dress remorse.im not saying everyones dresses suck, im saying what youre feeling is totally normal!the only way you will stop feeling this way is to stop shopping around. i also get bummed sometimes about this so i take a look at a picture of myself in my dress (the day i bought it) and start to feel giddy again!
  • Options
    You look beautiful in that dress so yes, stop looking! My wedding has passed & while I loved my dress, I'm still sighing at dresses thinking "maybe I should have..." I think I have more issues than dress remorse & should move on!  haha
    A Yankee Fan & A Red Sox Fan...
    imageimage
    "5.01.09"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Alexia- Thanks! It cracks me up. :DDutko, that dress looks amazing on you.  Stop worrying.
  • Options
    3 Of them salt?! You must have felt amazing, haha, wish I was there!
  • Options
    You ladies are so nice, this has made me feel much better about my decision, maybe I need to visit my dress at the bridal shop and I will feel good about it again.
  • Options
    You should go! Also, I know it is hard to not look at other dresses, but take our advice. You look fantastic in your dress and just imagine how perfect you will look with hair, makeup on your wedding day.
  • Options
    Girl please.  You look fantastic.  I went through dress remorse too.  Then the people on the board virtually bitch-slapped me, and my MOH verbally bitch-slapped me, and I went back to normal. It happens to a lot of bride to bes.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Options
    I'm hoping I don't develop remorse... I will actually see my dress for the first time tomorrow -- in front of my mom and FMIL -- I need to practice my poker face so I don't do the squinched up ew face or burst into tears or anything stupid like that. Ultimately, it's one day out of a lifetime of days and the dresses (for the most part) all kind of look the same anyway. If I don't like it or develop buyer's remorse, I'm just going to suck it up, suffer in silence and cope. :)
    ========= Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    the dress is gorgeous!  you look fabulous!  now stop looking at dresses and start looking at hair styles and cakes!
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Thanksgiving tickersphoto 307df189-2dc4-4bea-9b76-9ac6ceda8155_zps59ea37ee.jpgphoto c779d75a-0807-4fcc-b206-432ab43bdb6d_zpsf12ebd56.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards