August 2012 Weddings

Planning at work!

Things are sooo boring at work today, so here I am, working on wedding stuff!

Things I still need to buy:
-Jewelry for flower girl
-Black sash for flower girl dress
-Gift for ring bearer. Has anybody thought of something cool to give ring bearers? Mine is almost four years old, not sure what to get him!
-Veil or amazing hairpiece for me, but I can't decide if I want a veil or not!
-Thought I had checked my jewelry off the list, but it came this week and is missing rhinestones, so have to return that.
-Also want to get myself a cool clutch, have a bid on one on ebay.
-Votive candles and holders
-Looking for cool vintage style picture frames at the thrift stores (hopefully this weekend?)
-Table numbers
-Card box. What to do for a card box? I don't really want to make anything, because it would probably look home made that way. Looked on etsy, they want to charge me $60 for a box covered in satin? WTF!

I had a super cool idea yesterday while I was "working" of how to incorporate my children (dogs) in the wedding when I can't actually take them to where the wedding is. Since I'm doing sort of a photo theme I was thinking I would put Charlie in a bowtie and Doobie in a tiara and take pictures of them that I could put in cool frames and put somewhere for decoration.

I need to setup a wedding rehearsal time, but can't figure otu when I would be able to get everybody together!

I also need to pick cake flavors and narrow down the design!

Oh, and I need to go to Zumba class cuz I've been super lazy. Only a little more than a month to go, aaaahhhh!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Planning at work!

• Sooo glad I'm not the only one who plans a wedding when I should be sending out invoices!

As for the ring bearer, shop for him like it's his birthday.  Personally, I'm giving the kids in our WP their gifts at the RD - lunch boxes with their names on them filled with things to keep them entertained during the dinner. Playdough and some of the playdough tools, color-wonder markers and paper, paper dolls for the girls and matchbox cars for the boys are some of the things I've already bought.  The lunch boxes haven't arrived, so I can't see what items will actually fit inside. What won't fit, will go in a tote for them to play with on the wedding day while we get ready.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Ha! I'm at work tooo!!!! :D
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image230 Invited
    image180Accepted
    image50 Declined
    image0 Undecided
    RSVP Date: July 25, 2012
  • So I gave up on shopping and moved on to picking songs. In case you have not heard of http://www.soundtracktoido.com it's a pretty handy website. So here is what I'm thinking:
    Processional: Marry Me by Train
    Bridal Entrance: Make You Feel My Love by Adele
    Recessional: Didn't get there yet!
    1st Dance: Lucky by Jason Mraz & Colbie Callait
    Father/Daughter Dance: When My Little Girl is Smiling by somebody I already forgot

Any thoughts? What are you doing?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards