Wedding Etiquette Forum

friday night

I just put a Red Velvet cake in the oven. It smells so good. And that's about the extent of my evening. You?

Re: friday night

• I think I'm going to go to a bar that only serves beer in cans.  It's called the tin can.  Buuuut, that's if my flake friend doesnt' flake.  So we'll see.
    Leo says hi. He's...special.
    Married
    Planning
  • I'm coming to your house for red velvet cake.
  • Contemplating dinner.  I can eat healthy tonight or get chinese food or continue with my plans for mac n cheese tomorrow instead.  My cheat day is on the weekend, just haven't decided if it will be today or tomorrow.I will be here all night probably.  Unless I make some last minute plans. 

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • I just made a sandwich.  It was pretty good too. I have to be at work at 6:30am tomorrow, so it will be a quiet night at home. DH is working late tonight.  He has what he calls a PITA wedding tasting tonight.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Sox/Yankees game and guilty mickey d's dollar menu smorgasbord. Oh and two or three or ten budlights thrown in so I can forget the hurricane that ruined 3 events at the club tonight.
  • i'm starting feel sick. So, I'll probably just hang out on here and try to pass my misery off onto some poor unsuspectiong soul. Speaking of Misery.  Good movie.
  • friday night and the lights are lowlooking out for a place to go
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• I LOVE red velvet cake. What kind of icing are you putting on it? I'm making breakfast tacos for dinner. Yum. I've found a new wedding thing to obsess in addition to finding shoes - jewelry. Now, wearing my mom's pearl earrings just seems a little too dull for me. I need this whole wedding thing to hurry up and get here before I go certifiably insane with all my little obsessions.
  • tlv: That sounds fun. It is a hole-in-the-wall? Those are the best bars cew: Come on down. mandy: Today is my cheat day. Hence the huge loaded baked potato I ate for dinner and the deliciousness in the oven. Go for the chinese, but get steamed veggies and brown sauce with brown rice - that's healthy and you still get your chinese. Oh and add veggie spring rolls for crunch factor.
  • Gym, writing shower TY notes, working on STD design, working on this project for my mom's 60th.  The final three all involve pajamas and I am very excited.
  • Cream cheese frosting, of course!
  • boo... the cable just went out.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • We just got back from hanging out with friends.  Had some wine and panna cotta.  Mmm. I really didn't want to go out though because this damn headache won't leave me alone.
  • I am going to exercise soon and then go to the grocery store.
  • I always get the veggies and steamed rice.  But of course I get egg rolls, wonton soup and some kind of noodle or fried chicken with sugary sauce. 

Miss
    being healthy. blog.
  • I dont' know actually, I've never been there before.  But the beers are only like $1.50 since they're in cans, so how can you go wrong? However, because of flake friend, I may end up copying you guys and binging on cake or mcds since DH is working.
    Leo says hi. He's...special.
    Married
    Planning
  • julesz, I was trying to forget about needing jewelry. I'm on a mission to find a fake-me-out black diamond bracelet (or a real one if not too pricey). Thanks for reminding me!
  • Dang Lynda, you have the worst electrical problems lol!
  • I'm working on an assignment that is due tonight Boo. I have one due every Friday at midnight, and being the procrastinator I am I usually end up doing it all day Friday. I effing hate Fridays because of it. I think I'm going to have a beer to make it more bearable.
  • Dang Lynda, you have the worst electrical problems lol! No shiit.. It sucks.Although the cable did just pop back on.   But now I think I should make sure all the batteries are charged up in case it's the electricity next.

• MMMM mandy that sounds so good. My mouth is watering. tlv, I had mcd's for lunch today. Total binge day. I say go for it. I'm about to make virgin strawberry daquiri's. J is almost 30 days into his sobriety and I refuse to drink around him (although I am dying for a beer). amoro, I'm sorry you have a headache :(
  • scoetto - I'm currently looking at every piece of jewelry on the internet so I'll let you know if I find anything fitting that description. It's never this difficult for me to get dress with accessories everyday... Just had to be sure you were doing the cream cheese icing. Since you are, feel free to send a piece my way.
  • Clearly I am missing something scoetto with the red velvet cake, what is it? The name alone sounds scrumptulescent.Sidebar: I had a pizza pretzel for the first time yesterday. Yes, that is right, a doughy pretzel stuffed with sauce and cheese. If you are considering cheating on your diet I recommend jumping into bed with one of these babies. Salty goodness.
  • That sucks, Lynda!
  • i think the grocery store has them.

Miss
    being healthy. blog.
  • we're going to make John Legend's mac & cheese, yum
  • I feel like dancing on the ceiling because my god awful boring not using of any of my skills summer internship is over in 10 minutes!  Praise Jebus!Ahem.  Tidying kitchen, changing sheets, packing, sushi and TV and a bottle of pink prosecco on the couch with FI, and early to bed because we're driving to SF in the a.m.  Bridesmaids and mom and wedding dress shopping here I come!Holy squee batman.  It must be Friday.
  • I think we're doing Pizza Rolls for dinner. Just Pizza Rolls. And watching a cheesily-bad movie. Possibly inviting Captain Morgan along. Its been one of those weeks.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Thanks julez! I just burned the crap out of my middle finger trying to get the cake out of the oven. Bad blister. Red velvet is a chocolate type cake. And red. And yummy.
  • I love pizza rolls! Every time I eat them, I feel like a kid again.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards