Maine
Options

honeymoon ideas?

Hey all! My fiance and I were originally considering a cruise/tropical locale honeymoon, but are thinking that kind of trip might be a tad expensive right now (trying to save for a house!).Anyone have any other great honeymoon ideas? I really wanted to go somewhere warm for a change from Maine. I've been to Orlando before but never anywhere coastal in Florida -- anywhere nice there people would recommend? I was also thinking California would be nice, especially wine country, but maybe pricey, considering the cross-country airfare. FI was thinking Quebec, since neither of us have been, but I can't get that image of snorkeling and laying on a beach out of my head....Anyone have any suggestions, or know any good deals that would get us to a warm locale?
Anniversary

Re: honeymoon ideas?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    DH and I are looking to take a little vacation this fall, and we are finding that cruises are actually the least expensive way to travel.  We see 7 night cruises for $400 on up per person.  If you want to leave on a cruise out of florida, it shouldn't be too hard to find flights for under 200 bucks - so all in all, you are looking at like 600-800 per person for a weeklong cruise - all boarding, evening entertainment and meals included.   Depending on when you are going on your honeymoon, there are cruises that go to bermuda, and some other tropical locations, that leave out of boston, NYC, NJ and PA.  Then you could drive or take a train to the boat, and you save money on a flight. The other option is all inclusive resorts in mexico and Domincan Republic - they are really cheap right now - just have to do research and work on getting a cheap flight.The cruise option, once we added up what our expenses would be vacationing in florida or CA etc., proved to be the least expensive.  Do tons of research to find the best deal - best price cruises . com, vacations to go . com, etc etc. until you hit the best deal.Just my experience.....Good Luck! and have fun!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Go to www.travelzoo.com and sign up for thier top 20 deals of the week. There are some amazing deals on that sight you just have to be patient!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the suggestions! I looked around at a bunch of resorts and such, and it does seem like a cruise is the most affordable option. FI has some US Air miles to use towards the flight that he got from work, and since he's a frequent flyer US Air gives discounts on booking cruises too. He totally forgot about those miles -- fantastic!He also has some Marriott hotel points, so I think we might go to FLA, spend a couple nights there and then take a three or four night cruise. That way, we're getting almost a whole week somewhere warm, but the two hotel nights are free.Where are you going on your cruise?I'll definitely check out TravelZoo as well. Thanks again!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards