Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Ladies Who Play WoW

Hello ladies!  I'm considering getting back into playing World of Warcraft.  I haven't played in over 2 yrs.  I plan on creating a new character.  I'm interested in your feedback:1) What Race/Class do you play?  Level?2) What do you like most about your character?  Least?3) What class do you think is "over-powered"?  Why?4) What class do you think would be the worst to play?  Why?5) Do you play on a PvE or PvP server?6) Do you generally participate most in PvE or PvP content?7) How many hours a week would you say you play?Any other info/opinions you would like to contribute is appreciated!

Re: Ladies Who Play WoW

• Options
    1) What Race/Class do you play? Level?Level 80 Tauren HunterLevel 32 Blood Elf PaladinRandom others...2) What do you like most about your character? Least?Hunter is super deadly :) UglyPaladin can heal itself :) Love this guy!!3) What class do you think is "over-powered"? Why?Paladins are awesome!! Bubble and run!4) What class do you think would be the worst to play? Why?Warlocks suck. 5) Do you play on a PvE or PvP server?PVE6) Do you generally participate most in PvE or PvP content?PVE Questing FTW7) How many hours a week would you say you play?It varies...sometimes not much sometimes almost all day :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    1. gnome mage, level 80 2. escape artist! but everyone makes fun of gnomes. 3. paladins are OP, if it's a good player, they're impossible to kill. 4. i don't think there is a worst class. DK is really complicated, so if you don't understand then it could be the worst. 5. PVP, Sargeras. 6. i participate in PvE mostly. 7. i used to play a ton, but now i only play a couple hours a week. I would try to do the Refer-A-Friend thing they do, if you have someone else who wants to play with you. While you're leveling, through level 60, you get triple experience when you're playing with the other person you "referred" to sign up. Something to look in to. hope that helps :)
  • Options
    "While you're leveling, through level 60, you get triple experience when you're playing with the other person you "referred" to sign up. Something to look in to."-- That's awesome!  Thanks for the info.
  • Options
    1) What Race/Class do you play? Level?I have 3 at 80 right now and then a handful of others. The three maxed are Night Elf Druid/Human Pally/Dranei Shammy (I do have some horde but I'm mostly Ally)2) What do you like most about your character? Least?I play the NE most right now- she's mostly DPS but she's great to have around as a utility player. You need her to step in and heal/tank? She can do that. Plus, I totally love flight form. :-)  Can't think of what I don't love about her....3) What class do you think is "over-powered"? Why?Pallys at the moment. I don't play mine much any more because she's heal speced and I love her as heals, but Ret is the big thing in pallys these days.4) What class do you think would be the worst to play? Why?Rogues. Urgh.5) Do you play on a PvE or PvP server?PvE, Skywall (have two horde on PvP Demon Skull, almost never go over there)6) Do you generally participate most in PvE or PvP content? Nope7) How many hours a week would you say you play?I usually play at least a few minutes every day. Why yes, I am an addict. :-)
  • Options
    1) What Race/Class do you play? Level? level 80 BE Pally 2) What do you like most about your character? Least? She does crazy DPS, but I pull aggro in 5-mans like crazy. 3) What class do you think is "over-powered"? Why? Eh, I'll admit, paladins pretty much rock. DKs are pretty crazy still though. 4) What class do you think would be the worst to play? Why? Depends on what you're good at I guess. I hate playing mages because I apparently lack some kind of skill-set and die over and over. 5) Do you play on a PvE or PvP server? PvE. 6) Do you generally participate most in PvE or PvP content? PvE. 7) How many hours a week would you say you play? Totally depends. You should come over to Uldaman, we have a ton of knotties there.
  • Options
    1)I have (or had):Draenei Priest, lvl 80 (Shadow/Holy)Tauren Druid, lvl 69 (Feral, cat)Dwarf paladin lvl 66/67 (Prot)Troll Mage, lvl 30 (Frost)Night Elf Druid, lvl 30 (Feral)- PVP serverBlood Elf rogue, lvl 25 (Combat)Human Warrior, lvl 23 (Fury)Night Elf Hunter, lvl 21 (Beast Master)Blood Elf Paladin, lvl 20 (Prot)Gnome Warlock, lvl 70 (Shadow)(RIP, deleted) Gnome Warlock, lvl 9 Gnome Warrior, lvl 6Orc Shaman, lvl 5/6Undead priest, lvl 9At the same time my 70 warlock was deleted, I also lost a lvl 40 or so draenei Pally and a lvl 40 or so Human priest.2)  I haven't been playing my main much, but I did dual spec my priest so she's playable outside of dungeons/raids.  I actually love the healing with her, but I get tired of it, especially through the summer as our guild is mostly on vacation and we get some questionable tanks.  I have my favorite tanks.  I hate our one rogue (my FI) and one of our Fury Warriors because they can be a disaster to heal.3)  Pallies.  Actually, pally/druid.  Right now FI and I are leveling a Pally/Druid pair and holy crap is that easy leveling.  Non-stop death and destruction and the only group quest that's proved a problem so far was Durn the Hungerer in Nagrand.  But that's a 5-man quest and we were at least a level too low.  And the rest of our group sucked.4) I'm struggling leveling my mage, warlock and shaman right now.  This is probably the 5th Shammy I've tried.  The warlock just irritates me because I lost my 70 previously.  And the mage is sooooo very squishy and I just don't understand AOE leveling with a cloth wearer.5) Mostly PVE.6) PvE.  Give me the loot pinata.7)  It varies anywhere from 0 to 40 or more, depending on my schedule.  This past weekend was probably about 20-30 hours doing crap with the guild.  Like naked raids and dungeon runs to see who could get the best gear in a single run.  And our weather sucked so there wasn't much else to do.

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • Options
    Also, they just recently announced the next expansion - Cataclysm.  There will be new class/race combos as well as 2 new races - Horde get Goblins, Alliance get Worgen.  They're going to completely destroy Azeroth - which also means that we'll get flying mounts in vanilla WoW.  Hooray. The problem with this is the starting areas willl likely get flooded once the expansion comes out.  But, there's gonna be two new races PLUS gnomes are gonna get priests and I think Tauren get pallies, among many other changes.  This completely destroys my current character setup.

• Options
    Lurker here coming out of hiding for WoW :p1.) Dwarf Hunter - 80Draeni Paladin - 79 almost 80!various other low lvl toons and races including horde...druid, mage, shaman2.) Hunter - easy DPS. just stand back away from AoE crap and pew pew. Love having a pet too.     Paladin - leet DPS and can heal if I get bored. It's fun because it's versatile and people like to party with paladins for the buffs.3.) probably Death Knights and Paladins just because they don't seem to take as much damage as quickly as the other classes(Pally's I'm sure it's because of the judgements they use...don't play DK so don't know about them. If you know how to play your class though you can be considered OP :p )4.) I got bored quickly with my druid and mage but that's just personal preference :)5.) Both...Muradin and Lightninghoof6.) PvE fo sho7.) when not in school or planning a wedding - probably around 15-20ish depending on how my social life is doing (haha!)when in school and/or planning a wedding - maybe like 8 or 10 average heh sometimes a lot less.Agree with PP...refer a friend is AWESOME!Depending on the server, try to get in a good guild that doesn't mind helping. Some servers aren't as populated so there won't be a ton of help from people in the same area/level as you.If you have the latest expansion, you can start a Death Knight at level 55 I think? or somewhere around there if you want to have a higher toon to start off with while leveling your lower toon.Have fun!!
  • Options
    Moose - I totally hear ya on healing!  My main character for a long time was a human priest.  It does get boring being main healer and our rogue was the worst at taking damage AND demanding healing.  I'd let him die just to spite him (he's a good friend of mine).I was reading up on the Death Knight.  Sounds kind of complicated, but I may create one just to check it out.  I'm leaning toward a warlock.  I have a high level gnome warlock but my friends are playing horde currently and I don't really want to play my orc shaman again.
  • Options
    Quick post before I get back to work...1.  Belf Priest.  2.  She's pretty, haha.  I like healing a ton. It's more challenging than I originally thought, but I love it.  5.  PvE7.  Depends, sometimes 5, sometimes 15.  Less now that school has started.Come to Uldaman!  The guild that a bunch of knotties are in (that I recruited them to) is [url]www.twopercentguild.org[/url].  We're adults...a lot of married couples, and while we're not hardcore, we like to do some high end stuff. 
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I'm cheating by answering this because I forced myself to cancel my account a couple months ago. I don't think I can't take WoW sobriety much longer though, so I'm enabling it again soon. 1) What Race/Class do you play? Level?Level 65 Undead Mage2) What do you like most about your character? I can do significant far range damage, over half the time I can kill enemies before they can even touch me. I also have some pretty nifty escape tricks. Least?If I run out of mana (and have exhausted all mana rejuvenation techniques) I'm basically dead. Even if I haven't run out of mana, it's really difficult for me to fend off more than a couple DK with no help.3) What class do you think is "over-powered"? Why?Deathknights. They can basically kill me with one or two blows. It sucks. 4) What class do you think would be the worst to play? Why?Not sure about this one5) Do you play on a PvE or PvP server?PvP6) Do you generally participate most in PvE or PvP content?Raids mostly7) How many hours a week would you say you play?I used to play about 20-30 hours a week, when I start back up I'm going to try and only do 10-15 hours.
  • Options
    1) What Race/Class do you play? Level? Holy Blood Elf Paladin, level 80. 2) What do you like most about your character? Least? I love that I always am able to spank anyone in % healed in raids. I hate that I only have 3 heals :( 3) What class do you think is "over-powered"? Why? In PVP? Probably ret pallies. They can stunlock you and kill you before you can even react. 4) What class do you think would be the worst to play? Why? Warrior. I am not a fan of melee and warriors just seem extremely boring to me. 5) Do you play on a PvE or PvP server? PVE, transferred from PVP. 6) Do you generally participate most in PvE or PvP content? PVE, in fact, I am the guild master of a raiding guild. 7) How many hours a week would you say you play? 20?
  • Options
    IN FACT, guys, I just got back from Blizzcon yesterday. It was awesome. Are you guys excited for Cataclysm? I got to meet around 7 of my guildies, and I was actually really sad when we all had to go home. They are people I would be friends with in real life.
  • Options
    I was wondering if any of you had been to Blizzcon.  I was following it for info on Diablo 3.  I saw the trailer for Cataclysm and it made me want to play WoW again, much to my DH's chagrin.
  • Options
    Also, I have question that I can't seem to find the answer for in my google searches...Do you ladies know if I will be able to chat/trade/guild with Lich King xpac players if I do NOT have the xpac?  I only have The Burning Crusade and was hoping that I could put off dropping the $40 for Lich King.
  • Options
    I have a love/hate relationship with the expansions...love because you get to do/see/learn new stuff and hate because it's like relearning how to play my toons all over again LOLI have met 2 guildees...one of them twice...and I live with one teehee. It's like sleeping with the boss when it comes to some things bwahahaha.
  • Options
    GeekGurl - I am pretty sure you can. When the expansion first came out we had a guildee who hadn't bought the expansion and he could still talk in guild chat.
  • Options
    I am almost positive you can still talk with people who don't have the x pacs.
  • Options
    Okay, post lunch addendum to my previous answers: yes, I do most PvE content but I skip PvP BGs and such. I'm just not very good at PvP :-(Moose: I hear the changes in Cataclysm are going to be almost all done in a phasing style like what they did with Icecrown. I really like this idea, but if it's like the phasing out now it's going to be a lag nightmare.Apple: pre ding grats on your 80!Sucrets: BEs are sooo pretty and I love Silver Moon City. Basically that's the only reason I ever play horde, they are just generally better looking. :-)I invited all the other guild officers to my wedding but sadly they can not come. Fiance has met them, but I have not since they live in Seattle and we are East Coasters. Someday...
  • Options
    Heh, Manda, I like the phasing idea, but it sucks when you want to help someone with a group quest you've already completed.  I was way behind the rest of my guild when I got there and no one was able to help me out because they'd all completed everything.

• Options
    When I first bought the game, FI bought BC before I did and there was no problems communicating with him or his guild at all.

• Options
    1) What Race/Class do you play? Level? - level 58 death knight, I also have a 70 tauren shaman2) What do you like most about your character? Least? - I can kill things! After the resto spec sham it's fun being able to take things down in less than 10 minutes3) What class do you think is "over-powered"? Why?- i've been gone a while so i dunno yet4) What class do you think would be the worst to play? Why? - priests always annoyed the crap out of me, again, because it took forever to kill something5) Do you play on a PvE or PvP server? - now i believe its pve, used to be on pvp and it aggrevated me6) Do you generally participate most in PvE or PvP content? - I used to be a fairly hardcore raider, now I just play for a couple of hours a week due to work. Now I'm out of work though so yay!7) How many hours a week would you say you play? - not manyI'm on Uldaman right now so I can be in the guild with other knotties but I haven't been invited to the special club yet :(*cough poke*sucrets *cough poke*
  • Options
    Moose, ever try to mine a node/pick an herb in a phased area? If someone is not in your phase they can still mine/pick the same item, but you can't see them doing it. Just standing in Icecrown watching your titanium node melt into thin air... no, that's not frustrating at all!
  • Options
    Keep in mind that I haven't had a chance to play since the last big patch.  I was a hardcore raider in WoW vanilla, then I quit for about a year and started toons with FI a couple years ago.  We're extremely casual players now.1) Current main is a level 80 blood elf rogue.  I also have a level 71 night elf druid.  The druid was my main until FI and I got together and he wanted to start playing.  2) Burst damage is SO fun.  I hate that I can't heal though.  I miss my druid.3) Deathknights.  They're stupid, and there's so many of them everywhere.4) Pallies.  I've tried starting one I don't know how many times and I can't stand how slow they are.  THUNK THUNK THUNK.5) Used to play on PVP.  Loved it until I started leveling new characters before the latest xpac came out and bored 70s were lowbie corpse camping.  We switched to PVE.6) PVE now.  I used to PVP quite a bit.  FI is the PVP king.7) I go in phases.  Sometimes up to 10 hours a week.  Usually just an hour or two.  I used to play about 5 hours a day.  That was insanity.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    1) Human Rouge Level 59 2) Most- not a lot of spells and such to memorize locations of Least- inability to use armor over leather 3) Paladin and Death Knight 4) Shaman or Priest- not very powerful, hard to solo 5) PvE 6) mostly PvE, but the battlegrounds can be fun at times 7) way too many... perhaps 10? will be less when school starts though
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    hmm, reading the responses, I vastly underestimated my playing time. It just seems to go so fast! I'd say I play 4-5 hours a day now...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    WOW widow here... maybe you can help me. i love fantasy books and movies and really enjoyed playing D&D and LARP in high school. i have never enjoyed video or computer games, but understand that this isn't just any old computer game. i know my honey loves wow and his friends on the game, but he plays ALL the TIME! From your posts and talking to others, i know this is normal for gamers. what is it about this game that is so addicting?
  • Options
    Erika, the thing about WoW (or some things I should say) that makes it so addicting are the quest lines and the guilds. It is very easy to get sucked into "I just need to finish one more quest" and then find yourself still playing 6 more hours to finish it, or the follow up to it, or the follow up to the follow up.Also with the guilds (some guilds, not all) you start to feel a sense of expectation for playing. Particularly in the larger raid guilds. If you don't play 24/7 or are available at all times for 6 hour raids you are "letting the guild down".When I was raiding I let WoW come before real life, partly because of my then bf who also played. I would cancel things with my friends because "I'm the only one who can heal for xx raid" and got no sleep.I quit when I realized how much life was passing me by. I then kicked out/broke up with then boyfriend because he quit his full time job when an expansion came out and then "didn't have time for a job" because he was guild leader of a popular and fairly well ranked raiding guild.
  • Options
    whoa Katie he quit his job to play? That's ridiculous. For me, the main reason I play is the people. Some folks hang out w/their friends in bars or clubs or wherever, I hang out w/mine in Azeroth. :-)
  • Options
    Yeah, it was kinda the final straw in our relationship. BC came out and he wanted to be the first warrior to 70 so he quit his job and played all the time. After 6 months of me solely paying our rent while working at a retail store (yeah I'm a slow learning huh?) I told him to leave the apartment and that we were done.Even our guild friends who admitted to playing too much would be calling me to be like "dude, wtf is wrong with Dred, has he lost his mind? You gotta work to afford to play wow."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards