Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Pre Cana - Espousal Center (Waltham)

Just sent in my registration for Sept 26-27....anyone else gonna be there?For those who've gone to pre cana there, what should we expect?
~Chelsea~
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Pre Cana - Espousal Center (Waltham)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I went their in the spring for pre cana.  There were a lot more couples there than I expected - probably around 50.  There were some good couples that came and spoke and then we would break up and fill out some worksheets alone and then share our thoughts with our FI.  I really enjoyed the time to talk through topics with my FI about finances, kids, family, faith.  We are pretty open with each other and had discussed these things before, but it asked some new questions we had never thought of before. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    go to the one in boston, it is one day, starts at 9am and we were done by 3!  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    too late, already sent in the registration form and check to the one in Waltham.  :o)
    ~Chelsea~
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm so jealous; if we could, I'd want to do it again.  We also attended the Espousal Center.  I really enjoyed it and am glad we didn't do a quicker version.  To put it in perspective, I'm not Catholic and we already have very good communication (no taboo subjects or issues speaking our mind...) but we still found stuff to share.In my mind, the best part was just spending two days thinking about our relationship, not the wedding for once.  As for "what to expect", it is a combination of mini-lectures by a variety of couples/deacon, group work (minimal), individual time and couple time.  Breakfast food both days, lunch was surprisingly good, definitely get there early because it's super-obvious if you're late, dress comfortably.Go with an open mind, an open heart and a good night's sleep.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out my review on Engaged Encounter from earlier today.  It sounds like they are very similar weekends.  We basically heard talks on a variety of subjects (communication, intimacy, etc) and then wrote in our notebooks and discussed our thoughts with FI.  It was really valuable and I too, would like to do it again in the future.  We left the weekend feeling really positive and uplifted.Good Luck!  I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
    10.10.10 Bride! Our Bio Updated 9/26
    image 129 Are ready to party! image 29 Party Poopers!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    glad to hear great things! I am actually very much looking forward to it.  We are very open with eachother. We've lived together for 3 years, so we've had to deal with financial decisions, etc.  but I'm sure we'll find new things to discuss that we've never thought of. I'm intrigued!
    ~Chelsea~
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We didn't find out any new info from each other or discuss anything earth-shattering, but it was sort of like reaffirming our decision.  And they talk about different methods for decision making and arguing fairly.  most of the stuff was things we already do, but didn't know there was a name for!  We did learn some things though so it was a valuable experience.And not to knock those who went on the one-day thing, but I think the two-day retreats are really well worth the extra time spent if you're able to get away from "regular life" for that long.  The first day we weren't even that into it but by the second day we felt so much closer.Anyway...sorry for the rambling!  It's late and i just got home from class so I have a lot of pent up energy :)
    10.10.10 Bride! Our Bio Updated 9/26
    image 129 Are ready to party! image 29 Party Poopers!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We went there last spring.  It was great and really brought us closer together.  If you like taking quizes out of magazines (think Cosmo with some spirituality) you'll enjoy it.  Plus my FI learned to talk about feelings... now besides happy and mad, he has a few more on the list.By the way- where did you have your bachelorette party?  Looks cute.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we went down the Jersey shore for a weekend for my bachelorette.  I am originally from NJ and thought it would be fun, it was.  We laid on the beach all day and went out at night. It was a blast.  That cup is my new favorite item. "I'm getting married bi*ches" haha
    ~Chelsea~
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards