Texas

el paso brides...

... where are you having your ceremonies?just a little curious.  the church we want to have our ceremony at is being a little *ahem* difficult.  your input would be great!thanks! :)

Re: el paso brides...

• jccswljccswl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When I was considering El Paso for our wedding, I checked into our family's catholic church. The church requires a lot from the couple, I had no idea the classes and volunteering we'd have to do in order to get married by church. I love the idea of my ceremony performed at the church I grew up with, but now  it's an after thought.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi! I am getting married in El Paso at the Lancer's Club on Trawood. You don't have to be a member (who knew?) and they do just about everything for you. The staff is great and you work directly with the Chef. I am having my ceremony in a beautiful courtyard in the center of the building. You would just need an justice of the peace/officiant/preacher/pastor to perform the ceremony. I also had a friend that got married at a park on the west side, she just had to pay a small fee for using the park and for the justice of the peace. Another great location is Ardovino's Desert Crossing in Sunland Park. Its a beautiful place, just outside of my budget. I hope this helps! Best of luck and Congrats!!
  • edited December 2011
    Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} Hi! I'm actually having both my ceremony and reception at Ardovino's Desert Crossing. It is a fabulous restaurant with a separate private hall and patio. This establishment was originally a ranch and has a western, but art deco feel. The food has a unique taste and is unlike any typical restaurant or caterer. Ardovino's is actually located in Sunland Park, NM. So, you would have to obtain a NM wedding license, which is actually easier to get than a Texas one. I also believe that if you have a friend or relative that is an ordained member of a church, they can perform the ceremony. I am having my friend's dad do our ceremony. He did a beautiful job with his daughter's ceremony in Las Cruces, NM. Here is the web link to Ardovino’s: http://www.ardovinos.com/ There is also the El Paso Desert Botanical Garden off of Doniphan. It is a beautiful place for outdoor events. I help host a bridal shower there. The guests enjoyed walking around the garden before and after the shower. The bride was pleased with the ambiance and how much fun we had. Here is the link: http://www.elpasobotanicalgardens.org Both places are reasonably priced and are willing to work with potential clients. Hopes this helps! Good Luck!
    My Bio
    omg! we're days away!
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    PS. I don't know why my previous post came out all weird!
    My Bio
    omg! we're days away!
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I'm so glad to find El Paso brides online! I'm currently living in Phoenix and I'm planning all of this from a distance.I'm planning on getting married at the church I was brought up in and as far as the reception goes I'm not too sure. I'm having a hard time finding ballrooms and venues online. I'm sure I'll have to make more than a few trips just to look at some sites. But I'm not too worried about it ;-)
  • mvasqu03mvasqu03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im also having a hard time finding venues. El Paso is just not full of venues like other cities. Please help! Also, does anyone know if any good florists?
  • adrazoadrazo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hi mvasqu03

I'm getting married next May and am also the Event Coordinator at Imagine Events here in town.  We have a great florist who can work with your vision and with your budget.  Please feel free to email me at angelica@imagineeventplanners.com with any questions.  Congratulations!

• ddandjaviddandjavi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im having my wedding at Crystal Palace! Its a great venue! Beautiful and affordable! 
  • jeffsteph1207jeffsteph1207 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Really? Where's that at? I'm having mine at Marriott by the airport...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • If you all found any good, affordable places let me know. I'm still looking for church and venues. The wedding is in December though, so nothing outside. 
  • I am having my ceremony at Our Lady of Guadalupe and the wedding reception at the El Paso Country Club and you don't need to be a member there.  It's really beautiful and has a  nice area for a ceremony too.  If that is over your budget, you could also look in to the Centennial in Fort Bliss.  You don't need to be in the military. Another option could be The Summit which has a nice big window.  I hope this helps.<div>Congratulations!
    <div>n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas_el-paso-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:616Discussion:10351690Post:35203afa-8176-42e2-a11f-5b463ae89ae7">Re: el paso brides...</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you all found any good, affordable places let me know. I'm still looking for church and venues. The wedding is in December though, so nothing outside. 
    Posted by Lily63301[/QUOTE]

</div></div>
    Christina Natividad
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards