Texas

Hey there West TX Brides;)

Im actually a Bride out of Austin but I am from Crane, TX! This board seems a bit on the slow side. Maybe we can jazz it up a bit! Where in West Tex is everyone from?

Re: Hey there West TX Brides;)

• jccswljccswl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I moved to the Bay Area, but born and raised in El Paso. I'll be getting married in Vegas.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm from Odessa, but having my wedding in Eastland.  :)Congrats everyone!!
  • edited December 2011
    I am originally from New Mexico, but live in El Paso for most of my life. I am getting married here in 40 days!!! Congrats to everyone!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm in Lubbock, but planning my wedding in our hometown, Midland, Tx!! Congratulations everyone!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Brides to Be! I'm a Texan at heart but have been living in Las Cruces, NM for the last 2 years. Most of mine and finance's family lives in El Paso, TX. We will be getting married next August at Ardovino's Desert Crossing in Sunland Park, NM which is a jump over the state line. I love to share ideas if you need any!Congrats and Good Luck!
    My Bio
    omg! we're days away!
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Hey! I grew up in Bledsoe, TX which is about WEST Texas as you can get! It's on the state line of Texas and New Mexico about an hour south of Muleshoe. I live in Amarillo now, but will be getting married in California in a Vineyard!! :)
    Kaitlin C. Gandy (Walls)
  • edited December 2011
    I'm also living in Phoenix,AZ but we'll be getting married in El Paso, TX. Pretty far out west =)
  • edited December 2011
    Hey just got engaged over Christmas getting married in Amarillo which is West Texas or so they say. Hope everyone has the wedding of their dreams.
  • edited December 2011
    I am also from Lubbock and getting married in March at the McPherson Cellars in town!
  • edited December 2011
    I am origionally from Dallas, but I've been in Lubbock for the last three and a half years going to Texas Tech. We're getting married at Spirit Ranch in Lubbock! :)
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I'm originally from MT but because I'm working my my PhD here in Lubbock with my fiance that's where we'll be getting married.  We're choosing The Legacy for the big day! 

I would love ideas (since I'm not from here) about caterers, wedding cakes, etc. 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas_hey-there-west-tx-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:616Discussion:10139240Post:df5802bd-b0ec-43bc-b9ee-b0172d0e1301">Re: Hey there West TX Brides;)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey just got engaged over Christmas getting married in Amarillo which is West Texas or so they say. Hope everyone has the wedding of their dreams.
    Posted by safowler2010[/QUOTE]

Yayyy! Someone from Amarillo! Congrats on the engagement! Im from Amarillo too... and my first thought was "I go to West Texas.." lol I dont think thats what they meant! haha I'll be getting married at the campus... how about you?
  • texas1805texas1805 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm from the Abilene area and I'm getting married in San Angelo, TX. Congrats to everyone! Have any suggestions on places in San Angelo? Let me know

ExerciseMilestone
  • Trentswifey10Trentswifey10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey yall!
    Congrats to everybody!
    We're here in the armpit of Lubbock, planning a September Wedding.
    Going for a cinderella, but not cheesy   More Fairy tale with some Cinderella touches thrown in!

Any ideas for photographers that would come to Lubbock, or are from Lubbock OR any other Ideas at all to go with my theme SEND THEM THIS WAY!!!
    SHANNON Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CherylE418CherylE418 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lots of lubbock people!!! me too! haven't picked a place yet for mine, thinking about spirit ranch-wanting something outside but haven't looked around a whooooole lot yet!
    trentswifey10-one of my best friends is a super talented photographer from lubbock, her website is- www.photobybetsy.com or look her up on facebook-betsy lackey
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I live in Lubbock and just got married in Santa Fe on 7/3. I have a ton of stuff for sale and if any of you local girls want it, it will go to you first! Congrats!
    http://weddinggoods.blogspot.com/
  • shannonkellumshannonkellum member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so glad to see Lubbock ladies on here!! I'm from Lubbock and will be getting married September 4th here in Lubbock too. I have a lot planned already if people need ideas..
    I went with Captivated Images for my photography... they are AMAZING!!! Tell them Kristen sent you!
    My dad has a DJ company here in town if anyone needs a DJ...his business is called Entertainment Inc 806-748-1777.
    I'm having a family friend make my cake (which is gonna save ALOT of money!!)
    Denise with Wedding Solutions is doing some of my decor and my flowers for a LOT cheaper than these other places in town. Tell her I sent you!
    We decided to go with an indoor wedding and reception since the weather is so unpredictable here so we are doing it at the Baker Building. It's a beautiful old building and Vanessa (the owner) is doing the food for us.
    Hope some of this is helpful!! Congrats to you all and good luck!!
  • edited December 2011
    I am from Rockport, TX now based out of the DFW and I LOVE to travel to West and South Texas!!!  We are usually in the Houston and College Station area on a regular basis and I'm always looking for an excuse to head elsewhere! 
    A Wedding Fanatic! -favorite tents: Jacqueline Chapelle- www.jacquelinechapelle.com -favorite photographer: Jonathan Ivy Photo- www.jonathanivyphoto.com
  • edited December 2011
    We are fairly new out here in West Texas too, gotta love Texas Tech! Someone posted looking for a photographer - we have been looking and discovered one of the best. They are willing to make any accommodations for any theme and "super friendly" (says my fiance'). Check them out at

Located in Lubbock, Texas and great prices!! Good luck everyone.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married next July at Caprock Winery near Lubbock.  It's beautiful, and we get unlimited wine all night.  If anyone is looking for a photographer check out http://www.marykphotography.blogspot.com/ .  She is great!
  • edited December 2011
    i'm from abilene but i'm currently in waco finishing up my senior year at baylor. so much to do with graduation and a wedding. whoooo! congrats to everyone on your special day!!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas_hey-there-west-tx-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:616Discussion:10139240Post:61832303">Hey there West TX Brides;)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm from Odessa, but having my wedding in Eastland.  :)Congrats everyone!!
    Posted by trentandheather[/QUOTE]

Coool another Odessa bride!

I live in Odessa but am having my wedding in Abilene. If anyone needs venues from the abilene area i have plenty of places to show you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 100 Invited so far!
    image 0 Are ready to party!
    image 0 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • rose3214rose3214 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm from Abilene and will be getting married here sometime in August or September not sure about the exact date yet. I'm curious about some different venues here, I know the obvious ones but really want something all my friends haven't done.
  • katieluke1983katieluke1983 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    From Midland, getting married in San Angelo!
    imagepregnancy
  • edited December 2011
    From Big Spring area, trying to decide between Big Spring/Midland and Lubbock.
  • Lacie&Cain Lacie&Cain member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm from Odessa just got engaged on the 19 th. Any ideas for outside wedding/ceremony venue???
  • edited December 2011
    From Midland tx... just got engaged and already have the stress of $$$ and planning a wedding! Have no clue where to start!! Any pointers would be great!!
  • Any new West Texas Brides out there? I'm in Lubbock and just got engaged over Thanksgiving!

Becky
  • I'm in Lubbock, TX as well. Getting married in March! 
    It seems these boards are pretty well dead. But if anyone else is getting married around here and wants some advice or is willing to give me some, message me please! :)

BTW: I'm starting my blog
    xanga.com/LubbockWedding
  • I'm new to West Texas..and Texas in general for that matter lol. We are from Michigan, and I have no idea really where to begin looking. I looked at a venue in Austin that I loved, but no way do I have enough guests coming from out of state to cover the minimum required. We are expecting 20 people at most all coming from out of state. I'd love a beach wedding or something over looking a lake (which there is no water here in Midland!!) Any suggestions on venues? We're not planning a traditional "reception" either. I'm thinking just a nice dinner party with the guests that make it. We're not really planning on a wedding party at this time either. I would like something real simple, sand ceremony (non denominational). I have lots of idea on pinterest, just need help getting things in place. Any suggestions on beach locations or something else over looking water that is beautiful with things for guests to do would be great!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards