Georgia-Atlanta
Options

Hair trial opinions...

I had my hair trial yesterday.  I was really excited about it when she did it, but I left it in for a few hours, and the more I looked at it, the less excited I got about it...opinions?  There are pics in my bio under hair and makeup.I really like the way that the back looks, but I'm just not a big fan of the front.  I think it looks too flat around my face or something.  I don't know.  I want to call my stylist and ask her to do another trial, but I feel like I don't know exactly what I want her to do differently, so I'm not sure if another trial will help.She also told me that if I wanted to use my friends veil (the simple ivory one), it had to go under the hair because the comb on it is so big, but it looked kind of silly that way.  I really want to wear it over my hair.  It's a bubble veil, and it's meant to pouf up a little bit.  So I think I need to buy a new veil, which is very disappointing.
Baby Boxer is coming! 5.23.12
www.focushunting.com

Re: Hair trial opinions...

• Options
    askmetostayaskmetostay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i LOVE it...and your hair is so shiny!! maybe do a swoopier bang, so you don't feel so flat in the face. i agree about now doing under the hair, i hate that....and i would think you could fit a big comb into that 'do, it doesn't look teeny or anything....did you try it?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    she didn't try it.  She just said it wouldn't work. The comb is pretty big though...maybe 5 inches?  But doesn't it seem like it should work?  Or she could make it work somehow?  I dunno...I'm thinking of buying this fascinator instead, and just skipping a veil altogether...[url]houston.craigslist.org/clo/1338631329.html[/url]
    www.focushunting.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks knot.[url]<a href="http://houston.craigslist.org/clo/1338631329.html" rel='nofollow'>http://houston.craigslist.org/clo/1338631329.html</a>[/url]
    www.focushunting.com
  • Options
    askmetostayaskmetostay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ooooh, LOOOOOVE that flower!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I see what you mean about looking flat but I think with the right veil it will not look flat.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh! I love the flower!
  • Options
    ncohioncohio member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Could you ask her if there's a way to make it less flat in the front?  Doesn't she know that southern girls like volume : ) 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I personally like it, but also agree with Hayley about doing a swoop-type of bang.  She could also tease the roots a little to give it some more volume so you won’t feel that it’s “flat”  And the flower is gorgeous! I say go for the flower!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    First, you look gorgeous! :)Second, i LOVE the flower!!!And finally....Have your stylist seperate your hair right behind your crown from ear to ear. Have her make "twists" secured with bobbypins (sort of like a very loose all-over braid) with the front portion, and do a larger swoop of the bangs. The twists will create more volume, and honestly should allow enough "umph" to fit the veil if you still want to do that. With the back portion, she can do it just like you had it in the trial. By tucking in the twists it will transition, so you won't look like you have two diff thhings going on.  Hope that helps!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think you are right about the hair in the front. BUT the back and side views are fantastic. I think you hair dresser is full of it about the veil. I would call her out on it. I see NO reason why that couldn't be done. BOTH my combs are around 5" and I have had no issues with them being "too big".
    KRHagen November 2009
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OK, I bought the flower! I think I will tell her to do a swoopier bang in front as well.  Britt, I'm having a hard time picturing the twists you're talking about.  picture?
    www.focushunting.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards