Louisiana-Baton Rouge

Wedding Dress shopping......

So girls I"m about to go do what most girls think is the fun part of planning,.... WEDDING DRESS SHOPPING! YAY! So i'm really excited but I am going to make appointments for 2-3 places in one day do to the fact that I have my immediate family living out of town. I want them to be there with me when i look. SO I need advice on what is the 3 best places to look for wedding, bridesmaides, and mother outfits.I also don't want to spend alot of money on my dress my price range is 500-1000 (relly wanting to stay aroud 500) Let me know if anyone has any suggestions to make this easy for me!
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Wedding Dress shopping......

• edited December 2011
    I would definitely try Bustle and David's Bridal.  I used their websites to get ideas of what I wanted, so when I went to my appts it was much easier.  I had the same budget and got my dress from David's for about $550!
  • edited December 2011
    I am anti-David's Bridal, so I did whatever possible to go anywhere but there.  I bought my dress at Jeannine's Bridal on Airline Hwy.   I did not want to go there because they have recently become an "off the rack" dress shop only, meaning they do not order dresses anymore.  They were having a 50% off sale, and I had been to several other dress shops around town and only went in because my Mom said, "Let's leave no stone unturned".  They had a beautiful selection and even had my size because I had to get a size 20 dress, because I usually wear a size 16 in dress.  I was surprised at the selection they had.  And I got my dress, veil, and headband within your price range.  :)
    Bio (updated 4/3/10 with invitations) AAW Board Brides
    500 invitedimage 301 acceptedimage 101 declinedimage

RSVP date: April 23rd Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • eponvilleeponville member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am not a fan of David's Bridal AT ALL however with wanting to spend around 500 it might be best to go there. When I looked at bustle I didn't even see anything on the racks for under $1200. Just be sure where ever you go that you make your budget known! I went to Bridal Boutique and fell in love with a dress that ended up being $2000! WAY over my budget and very upsetting. I ended up getting my dress at Gabrielle's for around $650- I told them my top number and they didn't pull any dresses over. (they only pulled 5 dresses but thats where I found my dress =) )
  • edited December 2011
    I will throw in Bridal Party in Denham because the owner is retiring and is giving a deep discount of about 50% off of the dresses, Her original prices were only 1000-350ish to begin with!
  • edited December 2011
    Got to Megan's Dress 2 the 9's. They have amazing prices for the dresses they offer! Most of the dresses you will pull will be under $1000. Good luck!
  • SharynSharyn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am anti Davids Bridal too. Ashley Renee Bridal in Satsuma is wonderful. Talk to Ginger. She spent all afternoon with me. They have dresses for moms and bridesmaids too. I fell in love with the dress on display. Next thing I know Ginger is in the window taking it off the display. My dress surprisingly was 600. Their other prices are reasonable too. Only downfall is you may have to order the dresses. The store website is www.ashleyreneebridal.com. Good luck and have FUN!!
  • edited December 2011
    Bridal Boutique off of Florida has a lot of the nice designers there. Robin Hebert is the consultant who helped me, and she's fabulous!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Alfred Angelo's is wonderful as well!! They are in Towne Center near Zia's! Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    If you go to Alfred Angelo's ask for Erin, she's the best there!  I went there too, but ultimately found my dress at Jeannine's.  Both experiences were good.
    Bio (updated 4/3/10 with invitations) AAW Board Brides
    500 invitedimage 301 acceptedimage 101 declinedimage

RSVP date: April 23rd Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    i just ordered mine at alfred angelo... they were really great and very helpful. good luck!!    
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards