Wedding Etiquette Forum

Alright, Winers...

My last post on this, hopefully. These are my options for wine. Help me pick based on your experience, please! (I'd like probably 3 options, and I'll throw in a sparkling wine/prosecco/champagne for the 4th)Reds:Yellow Tail ShirazBarefoot ShirazSmoking Loon Pinot NoirWoodbridge Cabernet SauvignonBarefoot Cabernet SauvignonYellow Tail MerlotVina Maipo MerlotBerringer Pinot NoirBarefoot MerlotWhites: Berringer ChardonnayYellow Tail ChardonnayBarefoot ChardonnayBerringer ReislingBarefoot ReislingBarefoot Pinot GrigioBlush: Berringer White ZinSutter Home White ZinBarefoot White ZinThanks!!

Re: Alright, Winers...

• Berringer Pinot NoirBerrigner ReislingEither Berringer or Sutter Home White Zin

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • one of my faves is sutter home white zin
  • Red:Woodbridge CabWhite:Berringer ReislingBlush:Sutter Home - An admitted Wino
  • Yellow Tail Shiraz Berringer Chardonnay Berringer White Zin IMO, a Riesling is sweet, as is a white zin, so if you're having the white zin, you don't need the riesling.  If you want to cut out the white zin, I'd rec the Riesling.
    Kailyn Jean Born August 6, 2011 (3w6d early) imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Planning Bio
  • I think the sutter home white zin has a weird aftertaste.  I'd go with the Berringer.
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • If you don't have Riesling, I won't stalk your wedding.And, it took me awhile to figure out wtf you were talking about before I opened the post.  Winners?  Whiners?  I totally forgot you'd been asking about wine lately.  I felt like I deserved the "Spayshel" badge when I opened the post.  That's all.

• I'll probably either do a white zin or a second white option...not both. I'd prefer to keep it to just a red and a white though, to save money/time. Do a lot of people drink white zin? I personally don't like the one I've tried (I think it was sutter home, but can't remember)
  • My mom and the ladies in FI's family like white zin because it's sweet, but I know they'd also drink a Riesling, and I think more people would like the Riesling than the white zin.
    Kailyn Jean Born August 6, 2011 (3w6d early) imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Planning Bio
  • J. We've talked about this. You can come to the wedding and even say hi to me, drink from my bar, eat my BBQ, and have a fantabulous time. If you promise to come, I'll promise to consider a reisling.10/10 at 5pm. Seriously. :)
  • I always buy Barefoot Cab Sav.  It's very good and inexpensive.  My other favorite red is Pinot Noir.If I were buying a white, it would be a Pinot Grigio.That's pretty much all the help I can give.  I love wine and drink it often but I just buy whatever is inexpensive, I'm not too versed on brand names.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'd go with Riesling over White Zin.  And I'm trying to put my delicious sweet German wine bias away for that one.  I think more people would drink the Riesling.So, with that said, see ya in a couple months ;)

• Also, I recommened the shiraz, because I really like it, but merlot is probably a more common red.  I would guess that would be your best buy to please the most people.
  • Smoking Loon Pinot Noir Woodbridge Cab Sauv Vina Maipo Merlot Berringer Chardonnay Berringer Pinot Grigio
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Works for me. Drag Fishsticks and Amber down with you :) So if I have a Reisling, should I have another white?
  • Riesling is sweet, so you can do a pinot grigio with it, I think that'd be good. And the more I hear about your wedding, the more I wish I was one of the 500 invited.  It sounds like it's going to be great, Vogt.
  • ShirazCab Sav  (i can't say which brand because i haven't tried them all)Pinot Grigio(i say this because we had 12 bottles of 4 different wines at our wedding and almost all of the pinot was gone, no one touched the chardonnay)i have no suggestions for a zin because i rarely drink them.i would kybosh the sparkling wine idea if i was you though.  i'd have 2 whites, 2 reds and a zin if you really really want to. 

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • GKB - open invitation to the P&E ladies. Seriously, if you want to make a trip, I'll give you the info :) Mandy - I wasn't planning on going with TOO much of the sparkling/champagney whatever. Maybe like 6 bottles in case any traditionalists want it for the toast. Maybe I could do half that, and half the second red?
  • red - Either the Woodbridge cab or the Berringer Pinotwhite - the Berringer chardonnayblush - an abomination to mankind and should cease to exist
  • Whatever you like mrsV, you know your guests best.  Just some suggestions :)  I am sure whatever you decide on will get drank. 

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • Sarah, I tend to agree with you on the blush, but I don't like most wine, so I was thinking it might just be my tastes in general.
  • I vote barefoot cabernet sauvignon, berringer chardonnay, sutter home white zinfandel
  • Sutter home white zin is my fave. I prefer Berringer Reisling Can't help you with the reds..sorry.
  • I have 3 Riesling suggestions that are under $9 a bottle and are better then the Berringer, IMO. Schmitt Sohne (blue)RELAX riesling (made by Schmitt Sohne)Polka Dot Riesling
  • That's part of my problem Mandy - most of my friends/all of our family drinks beer. I know there are a few wine drinkers in my friend group, and I"m sure some of the extended family will drink a glass or two of wine, but I have no idea. I just want to be prepared for whatever since we're not doing a full bar - just want them to have options :)
  • not sure why I couldnt type schmitt....
  • grrr how about this....SCHMITT  Sohne(wouldnt let me type it all 1 word)
  • Beach Bride - that's funny that you couldn't type it :) Have you ever had the Reisling that comes in a dark blue bottle...it's kind of a different shaped bottle too. I can't remember what brand it is, but it was one of my options too, I just don't see it in my list.
  • I've had that Riesling, I think.  If we're thinking of the same one.  It was good.
  • 2005 Saint M Riesling, Pfalz, Germany is good too and its only $12hmmm i'm not sure what that different bottle would be, but I will see if I can find it.  The 3 I told you about I absolutely love, and I only drink Riesling.
  • Vogt, was it Avantgarde wine???  The bottle genie bottle?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards