Pennsylvania

bakeries near bethlehem?

im having my wedding in the hotel bethlhem in may 2010. we are looking for a cake. any suggestions? thanks!

Re: bakeries near bethlehem?

• starzoarstarzoar member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Village Bake shop - Allentown...We tasted there and it was delicious, however I am not big on fondant...I love the look but hate the taste and the price! Donna Race Freeby - A Lady out of Bangor...she is doing ours...she is using buttercream icing and flattening it to give it more of the fondant, smooth look.Easton Bakery - have heard good things.  I never had their cake but have had other things.Hope that helps.
  • edited December 2011
    thanks so much!
  • starzoarstarzoar member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have Donna Race Freeby's number if you want it.  If you contact me after my wedding I can send you pictures of my cake.
  • emoran04emoran04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try La Dolce Vita on Hamilton Blvd in Allentown. Pete is the head baker there and used to be at the Hershey Hotel (from what I hear). We are getting our cake and cupcakes from there and the prices are really reasonable.
  • edited December 2011
    i second easton bakery. they have been great for all the events i've used them for.
  • meganjane86meganjane86 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Vegan Treats is awesome, awesome, awesome! And they have a guy who does cakes and they're tasty and beautiful! I'm having one as my option for my vegan friends!
  • sarahrosettesarahrosette member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm also looking for a wedding cake in Bethlehem. The suggested bakeries sound great! Any idea which one is the most affordable? I want red velvet which can be hard to find. Thanks ladies!
  • edited December 2011
    i went to granny schmidt's this weekend. the cakes were good (i dont really like cake). she had red velvet, i think it was $6.25 a slice though. has anyone used cakes by angie in New Tripoli, PA ? thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    has anyone heard of suzie's mixing bowl in Easton??
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards