Maine

Maine wedding on a budget - locations?

So my ideal wedding? We're looking at October 2010. Want the ceremony by the water/other natural beauty. I'd like the reception to be in a barn. I went to a wedding at Saltwater Farm last year, the LAST wedding there :( and completely fell in love with the idea. The bride's family all flew in from France, so they rented the farmhouse for the week, and had the reception in the attached barn. We're on a major budget. We've decided to probably for-go the honeymoon, so we'd love a weekly rental that sleeps 10+ and we'd just spend that time with the out of state family/friends. I'm having such a hard time! Everything coming up in internet searches is way out of my price range. We don't want to put off getting married another year just so that we can afford to feed/entertain/house our guests.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

**Current VistaPrint Groupon - $17 gets you $70(good 'til 11/8)**

**New project in the works: Follow my Twitter for more Groupon (etc) deals!**

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Bio ~ A Bride's Guide to VistaPrint * www.vistaprint-goddess.weebly.com

"In my book you're a VistaPrint goddess" --Hannah

Photobucket

Re: Maine wedding on a budget - locations?

• edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Jamaica Point Lodge in Belgrade Lakes. It's not exactly what you're looking for - no barn, but it's on the lake, it's gorgeous there, and the lodge actually sleeps 18-20. If your guest list is over 100 people though, it would probably be too small.
  • edited December 2011
    Linekin Bay Resort in Boothbay Harbor.  It is an old camp.  Right on the ocean - so pretty.  Not a barn, but there are several venues to choose from that feel rustic.  And, they are soooo pleasant to work with.
  • edited December 2011
    Cliffside Lodge has sort of that look and sleeps like 20 people.  Not sure on their rates, but it's worth looking into. 
  • StarrbabyStarrbaby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check with Cindy Lang in Tenants Harbor, Maine. She rents out a beautiful farmhouse and barn. In fact, I'm pretty sure Martha Stewart has used it too. I don't have her info, but I'm sure you can Google her. Lots of good vendors in the midcoast too.
  • edited December 2011
    We're getting married at the Vesper Hill chapel.  It's 225 I think.  Then for our reception we're doing the Snow bowl also very rustic.  For our lodging we're doing sunset lodge on damariscotta lake.  It was like 2000 for the week plus deposit and tax.  That's the cheapest one we found for 20 people.  The owners are really nice!! Good luck and happy hunting!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards