Maine

*Torir911*

Hey Tori, just wanted to comment on what you said about having your FI walk down the aisle instead of you because he loves attention and you don't.  You should go for it if that ends up being what you want!  Or both have a processional.  My husband had one before me because he also hates attention and thought it wasn't "fair" that I got music to help me down the aisle and he didn't.  It was an interesting twist and it definitely took some of the attention off of me (which was fine).  So, that might be one way to minimize the attention on you.  ;-)

Re: *Torir911*

• Torir911Torir911 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    haha I don't know about him having his own processional, but I do like the idea of him walking his mother down the aisle before he stands up to wait. Kind of starting the processional :-) That way he can have all eyes on him for a minute & can have music, too. I'm sure after a glass of wine or two my nerves will lessen. You'd think as the youngest I have no idea when I started to hate having attention, but I'm realizing it more and more w/ planning this wedding and telling the DJ, "No garter toss-- I don't want people watching me. I don't want a different song for when I walk down the aisle, people will know I'm coming then." Telling the photographer, "No pictures of just me holding flowers. Who would actually frame that picture anyways?"
  • Torir911Torir911 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    got a little mumble jumbled there... I mean "as the youngest I'd be used to it. I have no idea when I started to hate having attention..." Trying to type responses in between my work... never a good idea!
  • edited December 2011
    Haha, no worries, it made sense. I imagine a glass or two of wine would help, it usually does. ;-) Seriously, I like the idea of FI walking his mom down the aisle--very sweet while giving him some extra attention.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards