New York-Upstate

Dj, photographer, videographer: who are you using?

Hi everyone!  DJ, Photographer, videographer: Who are you using/who did you use and has it/was it a positive experience?  We are getting married just outside of Albany.  Also, has anyone ever heard of the site weddingcombo.com?  It is a site where you can get all three of the above vendors in a discount package.  We are on a budget but I don't want to go cheap and regret it especially on the photographer and DJ, so please help!:-)Thanks!

Re: Dj, photographer, videographer: who are you using?

• edited December 2011
    We were married in Albany on 8/15. We used Greg Fraiser for DJ and he was really good (read the crowd, played a variety, no cheesyness/props). We used Rick at Video Images for Life for a videographer. He's not the cheapest I found but he's no where near the most expensive either. He was extemely professional through the whole day, and was a great partner in picking our DJ since he showed us footage of some of our top choices to help us decide. I highly recommend him. We used Alison Conklin (out of town) as our photographer and she was our best vendor and we love our photos but she was a splurge and again not from the area. I checked out wedding combo, and wasn't impressed but I don't know anyone who used them first hand so I can't give any advice there. GL.
  • edited December 2011
    Say no to wedding combo. When we were planning, it seemed to be one of those "book us and then we'll tell you who will be there" type deals. Kinda scary, IMO.DJ - Paul MaloPhotog - Bailly Photography, Niki RossiVideographer - John @ Studio 59
  • missmary11missmary11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Matt Ramos---  His pictures are amazing and he is wonderful to work with.
  • edited December 2011
    dj - dave cannon of elite sounds entertainment no videographer photographer -- cyndi klose and klose photography of harrisburg, PA (which is far, but they will travel and are simply amazing!)
    http://www.mywedding.com/lynnieandandy
    october '10 siggy: Early Pic of me and FI (not the first.....)
    imageVisit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    we had a band- ts ensemble we used Matt Ramos for photography and a videographer from Israel, so no dice for you on that one :)
  • edited December 2011
    We don't have a DJ set yet, so I will post after tomorrow when we meet with him we are using Scott and Renee Rodgers of Stuido Classic Photgraphyand I'm not sure about a videographer.....

Datsyuks & Ferdy- We Go Together Like...

• edited December 2011
    Photographer: Alisha Clark out of Albany (AMAZING!)Videographer: United SoundBand: Rick Holland out of Albany
  • ajensen8ajensen8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My best friend used Wedding Combo for her wedding last October and her pics/video are amazing and the DJ was great too, and he was essentially free because of the savings. The way it works...you go in and look at photo albums for the photographers and then they will tell you which photographer belongs to which albumn after you've decided which ones you like. I'm not sure how this works with the Videographer and DJ. For all of the services (videographer, DJ and Photo) I believe you chose your top two or three people and then they let you know who will be coming, I would say it's worth a shot to check them out. We were choosing between them and one other photographer, we chose someone else because they will edit all of the pictures at no extra cost, WeddingCombo only edits the pictures you get put in an album and others would be additional...My best friend used Lou for photography. For my wedding...Photography: Out of the Ordinary, Holly Greene
  • Rosiebud13Rosiebud13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Greg Fraiser for DJ and Images by Moak for photo and video.
  • edited December 2011
    We used DJ Zac Barr out of Albany, and Ed Sindoni for our photography.  They were both great to work with!  We didn't use a videographer...
  • edited December 2011
    Our wedding was last weekend and I LOVED our photographer and videographer.Photographer - Holly Greene, Out of the Ordinary Photography (http://www.outoftheordinary.biz)Videographer - Dan Powers, Powers Media ProductionsYou can see our E-pics with Holly in my bio.  I'll be updating it ASAP and adding the wedding pics from her as soon as I get them.  Some get posted online ahead of time.  We're the thumbnail standing on the dock with the long veil blowing in the wind  (** pretty!! **)I really liked the videographers.  They were really friendly, but stayed in the background and most of the time I didn't even notice them.  But I know they were there and got some great video (including one of our groomsmen being stupid and falling in the pool).Check out bio for updated pics!
    My H&F Blog * H&F Badges

imageimageimage

2010 Highlights
    9/26 Adirondack Marathon 5:11:37 (major knee pain, but hey, I finished!)

2011 Races and Results
    5/29 Buffalo Marathon (5:25 - not pretty, just trying not to get heatstroke!)
    9/25 Adirondack Marathon (take 2!)
    One of these days I'll have a good marathon!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you lady's!  A lot to go over, as soon as we get our date set in stone with our venue (hopefully by friday!!) this is my next step, ah I feel so far behind....thank you so much for your help!!
  • watermellenswatermellens member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DJ  Paul MaloPhotographer Keira Lemonis

My little man at 0-1-2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

• edited December 2011
    My FH and I just booked wedding combo a couple of weeks ago. I LOVE them! The woman we are dealing with is a dream come true, she gets back to me right away for every little thing, she gave me many MANY discounts and amazing deals and it is MUCH cheaper and a lot less stressful to book all three with them than to go and try to find 3 seperate vendors. They match you up with the style that you like and you are free to meet their photographers etc and see their portfolios. Same goes for videography and Dj. My FH's sister used them for her wedding last year and raved about them!
  • edited December 2011
    did they let you meet them before you paid?   We are going next week to talk to them, thanks for your help!
  • edited December 2011
    Yes definetly you can meet with them without paying a dime....I would suggest telling them you would like a day or two to think about it (even if they say they book fast) I waited 12-18 hours and got a few hundred more in savings. Olesya is really great too. We got an additional $50 off for a friend referel.
  • edited December 2011
    Wonderful thanks, we meet with them tomorrow I will let you know how it goes.
  • edited December 2011
    **update** FI and I met with wedding combo last night and were very impressed.  We are in the process of making appointments with our potential photographer, dj and videographer now to get to know them personally and see if they are a good fit.  You don't have to put any money down before doing this and if we don't like them we'll walk away. Very excited, if we do decide to book with them by the time we get done with our savings our dj will be free.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards