Nevada-Las Vegas

Small Wedding Reception

My fiance and I really want to have a small wedding in Las Vegas next summer. Between the two of us we don't plan to invite more than 75 people and less than half will probably make it out anyways. Quite honestly it will probably be under 25 people. We were thinking we should look into some restaurants that offer group dining as our reception. We don't have a huge budget to work with but I would LOVE to hear some ideas from anyone else?!

Re: Small Wedding Reception

• atlcatloveratlcatlover member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is a link to the Vegas FAQ as well as Vegas knottie bios in my siggy.  They should give you lots of ideas and info.Some of the popular choices include Maggiano's and Grand Lux Cafe.  A lot of brides have in suite receptions too.Let us know if you have any questions.  You'll find lots of wonderful info on this board!
  • edited December 2011
    you may want to prepare yourself for a large turn out...we invited 60....42 are coming
  • edited December 2011
    Snap! Were from the UK and invited 80 expecting about 20-25 and we have 33 coming out with us! Were holding ours at Maggiano's. The reviews they get are amazing. My only downside so far is that i am 54 weeks out till my wedding and i've hardly heard from them, but this seems quite normal for Vegas Weddings.
  • edited December 2011
    Snap! Were from the UK and invited 80 expecting about 20-25 and we have 33 coming out with us! Were holding ours at Maggiano's. The reviews they get are amazing. My only downside so far is that i am 5 weeks out till my wedding and i've hardly heard from them, but this seems quite normal for Vegas Weddings.
  • karma007karma007 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    20 guests, and picked Canaletto in the Venetian b/c we wanted to order ala carte, and not use a banquet menu.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi FI and I thought the same thing, not many people would show up we invited 100 people and now we are up to 70 people and it seems to be growing daily. Most everyone is flying from WI, we didn't except it but are really happy!! We are looking into the Grand Lux and some other places.
  • edited December 2011
    We invited 60 and had 24 attend. It was actually the perfect size for us, and having a restaurant reception with acocktail hour worked out really well for us. Pics and a lot more info about the wedding are in my married bio. Definitely check the Faq and knottie bio list. There are so many fun options for smaller weddings in Vegas. GL!
  • edited December 2011
    14 guests at our wedding, we had a "dinner party" at Trevi, in the forum shops.  Low key, casual and not expensive.  There are tons of low budget options for group dining out there, just a matter of picking what kind of atmosphere and menu you're looking for. Happy Planning!
  • edited December 2011
    We are having our dinner at Fellini's at the Stratosphere..it hasnt been mentioned at all on here..but the prices are good. When I first spoke with them they didnt have a min or room fee. They only have a consumption bar option but their drink prices are pretty affordable considering its the strip. Im doing wine at the tables  + bar.  They also have a bakery they uses for their wedding cakes..and those prices seem affordable also...they only thing they dont have an ipod connect.....www.fellinislv.com
  • edited December 2011
    I am having mine at the Grand Lux Cafe. They have been great to work with.
  • edited December 2011
    Always plan for 100% attendance.  You don't want to budget for say 30/75 people and then 65 end up coming....that'll end up being incredibly stressful! FI and I invited 50 and didn't think too many people would come....a lot of people who we asssumed would be a no said they'll make it out. Like other pp said Maggianos, Grand Lux, etc...
  • sharper086sharper086 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all! We are fully prepared to budget for the same amount of people we invite but we are just looking into other alternative options as well. Thanks so much for all the suggestions :)
  • edited December 2011
    Hi, We too are having ours at Canelletto at the Venetian - we have about 25 people coming and have booked a private room, and also booked a private bar for an hour and a half before hand. Karma007 - I'd love to hear how your reception goes! The staff at Canelletto have been wonderful!
  • edited December 2011
    We originally wanted about 20 people but invited 70.  So far we have 38 people.  We are having our reception at the ESPN Zone at New York New York.  They are pretty reasonable and very helpful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards