North Carolina

Photographer in Charlotte

Does anyone know a good photographer that does not charge a fortune for four hours of work? I find it absurd to pay 2k+ for 3-4 hours of work. It would cost more than the reception at the hotel! :oI found some reasonable priced ones, but the photos were really not all that. Is there anything in between that I haven't found yet?

Re: Photographer in Charlotte

• edited December 2011
    Couple of questions, one how much specifically are you looking to spend.  Also, you say you only want one for four hours of photography.  Four hours really doesn't seem like a lot of time...what exactly would those four hours cover?  Also, did you check out the ncbride bio for ideas for photographers?
    image Ellie and Morgan
  • miss_jsgmiss_jsg member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    NC bio, totally forgot about that! Thanks for reminding me on that!We were thinking to not spend more than 1000 bucks - it's a small daytime celebration with 30 people. Ceremony at 11:30am followed by lunch. Checking the NC bio now, thanks again for bringing that back to my mind. I am still a n00b. :p
  • trinnyfacetrinnyface member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you tried Jen Hunt? She does great work and from what I hear, she is reasonable. She's doing my friend Michele's wedding in October and shot their engagement pictures. They were awesome!! She is similar in style to my photographer (Cheyenne Schultz) but from what Michele told me, is much cheaper. I love Cheyenne though and feel she is worth every penny I paid. :)http://www.jenhuntphotography.com/Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I forget who it was, but someone just used Brandywine Photography and really liked her. I remember her saying she was really affordable. It might have been KimmiD but I really can't remember.
  • edited December 2011
    Tom Henderson was one I looked into but ultimately decided not to go with. I was very pleased with his personality, and his photos are middle of the road quality with pretty great prices. Maybe worth checking into:[url]<a href="http://www.tomhendersonphotography.com/" rel='nofollow'>http://www.tomhendersonphotography.com/</a>[/url]
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks y'all! I checked out Brandywine and it's 750 bucks for all day coverage - which would be absoloutely fabulous! Thanks so much!
  • edited December 2011
    You're not paying 2k for 4 hours of work.  You are paying for all the post-wedding editing and processing which can easily add 5x the amount of time it took to shoot the wedding.  Anyone can take pictures but I think its the effort that a photographer puts into your pictures when the wedding is over that is what is worth paying for.  Keep that in mind.
  • elisab81elisab81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    check out geneho.com   gene is awesome, you get to choose two photogs and we added extra coverage so we spent about 1300 but his pics are INCREDIBLE  good luck!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the tip Elisa, I'll look into it. :)Here is the deal - FI and I are semi pro photographers and have both been published. If we could, we'd take the pics ourselves, since we have the pro equipment and the skill. I think that is why we are so hesitant to spend a lot of money on something we know how it's done and could do ourselves.We decided on Brandywine now, since she is friendly enough to leave us the pics for postwork. :p
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards