Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Rec'd Lawyer

So DH and I just bought a house and as soon as we got back from closing we found a wet carpet in the finished basement.  Turns out there a lot of damage.Any recommendations on a lawyer that deals with home stuff (ie...going back to the former owners of the house?)

Re: Rec'd Lawyer

• Options
    edited December 2011
    cathnator-email me at candkmac1021 at gmail dot com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't, but I'm very sorry.
  • Options
    ec0983ec0983 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    that's terrible! did you buy a home warranty? chances are that's covered if you did, and you can get the warranty company to help you deal with getting the damage taken care of.
    trying times are not the times to stop trying. image

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You can try Joe Santoro at Schnader Harrison in Philalphia.... jsantoro@schnader.com is his email.  Website: http://www.schnader.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Closed on our house 4-15-11!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Did you do a final walk-through before closing? Did you just miss it?sorry to hear, good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Don't worry too much- buyers are always found in favor of in this sort of case. Did you do a home inspection? Your home inspector should give a limited warranty on his inspection if he didnt catch a leak also.. check into that too. If it was a previously known problem and the owners did not disclose it on the sellers disclosure, this will certainly be found in your favor if you take it to court, you have 3 years to do so under the statute of limitations after the discovery is made.
  • Options
    SotiSoti member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto PP - if you did a home inspection your inspector is liable.  I had a similar thing happen and my inspector had to pay for the repair.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys! We had a home inspection and he missed it.  I asked him about the stains on the carpeting and he said it was wet once, but not a concern now.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards