Colorado-Denver

Need opinions on my favors and centerpieces...

Hi ladies, If you have a minute, would you all check out my favors and centerpices (PIB under DIY). What do you think of them? With the centerpieces, you will have to imagine them potted with flowers because right now they are empty. Also, I know that flower bulbs are ugly, but I really wanted to have practical favors, and knowing my guests, they will love something related to gardening (my whole family and I love to garden).Honest opinions are greatly appreciated, TIA!

Re: Need opinions on my favors and centerpieces...

• chelbell326chelbell326 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jessi, LOVE the centerpieces with the eclectic display of the different vases...very cute! They will look amazing with the potted flowers :) I can't wait to see pictures of your wedding! The favor boxes are a great way to package the bulbs. Everything looks really nice (cute little instruction sheet w/ the artwork) :) If you are looking for any ideas about how to dress up the boxes a little more...how about a strip of ribbon w/ your monogram sticker on top of it to keep in it place? Either way, they look great (I like how they are very clean/simple with just your sticker too) & I love the idea of giving the bulbs since many of your guests are into gardening!
    no identifiable siggy pictures anymore, thanks a lot stupid nest!
  • VAtoCOVAtoCO member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jessi - Very cute ideas.  Have you considered just using one "vase" for each centerpiece...perhaps along with a few of the clear jars and some votives?  All of the vases/pots you've chosen are so beautiful and interesting, they could possibly stand on their own.  Just a though.  Either way, I think it is a fantastic idea.Cute favors - I think the boxes with your monogram sticker are a great way to disguise the "ugliness" of the bulb itself.  Great job!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the replies! Chel: I thought about using some ribbon on them, but I decided against it just to keep waste and cost down. I am trying to keep everything as environmentally friendly as possible, even though they would look really nice with the ribbon. Thanks for the advice :)Fran: I will try that out and see how it looks, I think I like the more cluttered/eclectic look though. My inspiration was the Anthropologie home collection catalog! Thanks for your opinion, ps. I did my first batch of marble magnets this weekend, I will email you pics asap! do you have any pics of yours?
  • edited December 2011
    You're right, the bubs are ugly...but the boxes are super cute! :-) Flower bulbs are a really good idea and ven moreso since you come from a family of gardeners. I like the vases shown, with the exception of the copper ones. They seem a little harsh compared to the soft colors of the blue and white ones. However, I do like the overall look of the tablescpae and can picture everything coming together once you have your flowers.
    68 Looking Forward to Mtn Airimage
    31 Afraid of Altitude Sicknessimage
    4 Being Hunted By My Bounty Hunter Bridesmaid image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker May 2010 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Location imageimage{Bio} (updated 3/2)
  • VAtoCOVAtoCO member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you love to eclectic look - go for it!  I know it will look great.  Just wanted to give you another perspective.Definitely send pictures of your marble magents - I'd love to see them!  I haven't taken any pictures of mine.  I can, though, and will e-mail you. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I love the boxes! They look great with just the simple monogram sticker. Your centerpiece idea is great too. Very eclectic and kinda funky...cool!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    The favors are super cute in the box with your monogram on it! I also love the centerpieces, that is very unique!
    JuneFlowers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    thank you so much for the feedback everyone, I really appreciate it!
  • edited December 2011
    LOVE your centerpieces! I think they are going to look awesome!And the bulbs are such a cute/unique favor!Can't wait for your wedding!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards