North Carolina
Options

Average cost of flowers

Hi Everyone! I will be looking into florists in the Raleigh area soon, and I wanted to have an average cost to compare. I only need a small bouquet for me and 5 bridesmaids, 3 boutonnieres, and the flowers for small tables (we are having a cocktail party reception and will only have small cafe tables scattered around the garden) We are also going to provide containers for the flowers, so that might make a small difference. If you shopped around in the Raleigh area, did you notice a big price difference between florists? Any recommendations? Thanks!

Re: Average cost of flowers

• Options
    birdcagebridebirdcagebride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used The English Garden and our flowers came in just under 2K (and just under our budget! lol). We had my bouquet, 5 BM bouquets, 3 corsages, a small bouquet for sister, 8 bouts, a pomander for our flower girl, rose petals up the aisle for our ceremony....for our reception we had 5 candelabra centerpieces and 3 low cube centerpieces, cake flowers, 8 cube gerbera CP's for cocktails (which we used the night before for our rehearsal) and a toss bouquet was included for free. Our flowers were gorgeous and way above our expectations. Cydney did an incredible job with our vision and the quality of her work was amazing. I highly recommend them. Other florists had quoted us upwards of $5,000 for pretty much the same thing.
    My Blog - My Bio - NC Bride Bio - Pro Video

Photo by Evoke Photography
    image imageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    gizmo91909gizmo91909 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am paying around $600 for : -my bouquet -3 bridesmaids bouquets -5 bout. -4 pin-on corsages -6 small centerpieces -a floral cake topper -a toss bouquet I am having all roses and hydrangea. I'm in the Charlotte area though. My advice is to definitely shop around. I noticed huge price differences between florists for the exact same thing!
  • Options
    grace_ugagrace_uga member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am paying about $750 for: - My bouquet - 5 BM bouquets - One Mother of the Groom bouquet - Flowers for the cake- 6 boutonnieres- Delivery I am using all orchids though - so that is probably why my cost was higher than others..
  • Options
    MrsMeMoMrsMeMo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am paying $150 (this does not include assembly b/c a friend of ours is doing it) from Flowerama for:-My bouquet-2 BM bouquets-2 corsages-5 boutioneers-16 centerpeices
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Photobucket Image and video hosting by TinyPic BFP #2 [4.27.11] EDD [01.07.12] It's a BOY! BFP #1 EDD (10.15.11) M/C @ 6w5d Pregnancy Announcement Video Sex Announcement Video
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You can google the average price of wedding flowers.  I believe it was $750.  I am getting married in Dobson and I have only met with 1 florist.  He quoted us $75-100 on my bouquet, $35-50 on the bridesmaids and $6-7.50 on the bout.  I am actually making my own centerpieces so I am not sure about that.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we were quoted $150 bridal, $75 per bm. centerpieces and seperate arrangements can really add up though!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we were told that some flowers are more expensive than others. that's something to consider when you're choosing them
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the input!I looked a little online through google, but several sites said it can differ by area. But your quotes helped me get an idea of what different amounts of flowers cost. I'd like to have flowers that are in season, so that might help with the cost a bit. I also want really simple arrangements. Do any of you know if florist can do rough quotes over the phone or would I definitely need to visit the shop? I'm planning from out of state, so when I make a trip up I don't have lots of time to visit several shops.
  • Options
    ecn0002ecn0002 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ours were under $1,000 (included all bridal party flowers, alter arrangements, AND centerpieces)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimageImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ecn, are you in the Raleigh area? If so, where did you get your flowers?
  • Options
    ecn0002ecn0002 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm in CLT
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimageImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards