Tennessee

Wedding Planning

Hey everyone... I am new to the site and am planning a wedding in Tenn for March 23,2012. I haven't really picked a location I am just getting into after a HUGE military move to North Dakota. Where are some of the nice locations? And have any of you found a good wedding planner? Since I am so far away I think I am going to need one. Any advice will be GREATLY appreciated :) 

Danielle

Re: Wedding Planning

• edited December 2011
    What part/city of Tennessee are you looking at? It's a pretty big state (takes FI and I 7 hours to drive from the Eastern part where we live to the Western part where his parents live).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I honeslty have no iodea... I know that is bad... I really like the Blue Mountain Mist Inn... but I was looking really anywhere...the only thing I know is that I want somewhere where I can have my reception and my guests sleep so there isn't much driving.... I am trying to get ideas now... Inn's and cabins. I know its not a lot to go but we just got setled and all we know is we want Tennessee (it's half way between our families and SUPER pretty) I am just having problems finding sitesonline...everywhere I google doesn't look like it has places for lodging
  • edited December 2011
    It sounds like somewhere in east TN may be more up your alley if you're looking for cabins for everyone to stay. Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge/Sevierville is the most popular place however with that comes impossible weekend driving and lots of people.

You may want to check out Tellico Plains - its on the border of the Smoky Mtns. Natl Park and the Cherokee National Forrest. Lots of beautiful scenes and cabins to stay in. http://www.tellico-plains.com/places-stay.html  <-- That link should have lots of information for you. I suggest Mountain View Cabins. The lady that owns them was my landlord when I lived in Tellico (I lived in a different property). The only down side to Tellico is that cell service is really spotty unless you have U.S. Cellular.
    Mrs. Wiggins image
  • leighbee99leighbee99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    check out http://fireflyacres.com/specialevents.html

and

http://www.myfallcreekfalls.com/

these are both close together in middle tennessee. you can get married for free at fall creek falls anywhere in the park and they have a hotel. i dunno how many people will be at your wedding though. if you are having a lot of guests, the park probably wouldn't work
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    If anywhere is game, then these are my suggestions for East Tennessee:

Wedding Planner-- Melody Timberlake with An Artistic Affair (website: www.anartisticaffair.info) She's my day-of coordinator, and she's absolutely wonderful (and very reasonable too!)

Locations-- Butterfly Gap (www.butterflygap.com), Whitestone Inn (www.whitestoneinn.com), and Blackberry Farms (www.blackberryfarm.com) are all gorgeous venues that also have lodging. Other attractive venues (no lodgin) include Sterchi Mansion (www.sterchimansion.com), Dara's Garden (www.darasgarden.com), The Lily Barn (www.lilybarn.com), The Bleak House (www.knoxvillecmh.com), and The Reserve at Bluebird Hill (www.reserveatbluebirdhill.com). There are also plenty of excellent reception halls and restaurants in Knoxville that do weddings at well. PM me and I'll give you a list if you want. :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Oh and I forgot about Montgomery Bell State Park. Its also in Middle TN and also has a hotel.

Thanks for jogging my memory Leigh!
    Mrs. Wiggins image
  • edited December 2011
    i hope your search is going well. have you considered memphis, tn for your wedding? if so i am a wedding planner who just got started in this business after my own wedding 5 months ago. please check me out on facebook.

'http://www.facebook.com/pages/3-Sistahs-Wedding-Event-Planning/242870509087464
    I AM MRS DuBose....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards