Connecticut

Tyrone Farm

Hi,Recently engaged and starting to look at reception sites. Anybody getting married at Tyrone Farm in Pomfret? I'm looking for reviews and a ballpark of how expensive it is.Thanks!

Re: Tyrone Farm

• CTbride79CTbride79 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My co-worker just got married there this past July, and we had checked it out online when we first got engaged, but after hearing from her that the site fee alone was $6,000, we decided not to even check it out, as the only thing they provide is tables and chairs...not even linens.  However, depending on what your budget is, she RAVED about her wedding and said everything was beautiful and the staff at Tyrone was awesome.  They also apparently grow their own flowers, so they are fairly inexpensive, but still not enough IMO to make up for the site fee.  HTH!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Dx w/PCOS 3/2011 | BFP 7/25/11 | EDD 4/3/12
    Dx w/IUGR 1/31/12 | C-section 2/7/12 @ 32 weeks
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image image image
  • edited December 2011
    I looked at Tyrone Farm too!!!! I thought, oh, a barn wedding can't be too expensive... WELL 6k later MINUS $ for food. Yeah, if you're high budget, do it up. Otherwise I recommend the Webb Barn in Wethersfield. Just as beautiful, with a beautiful price, 2-3k :)
  • Meggers1022Meggers1022 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im getting married there next weekend, Sept. 12th! It is such a beautiful place...but it is kinda pricey. When you rent it for the day it includes all the tables chairs, etc. But you still need to find a caterer/bartending service. To hold our ceremony and reception there its cost us about $7500...i think its totally worth it because my fi and i love the outdoors and are totally country people. we can't wait for our big day!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the responses! It's out of our budget but does look amazing...enjoy your day!!! Back to the drawing board....
  • fosterlizfosterliz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I fell in love with Tyrone Farm too, until I found out the price tag.  I looked around and went with Blissfull Meadows Golf Club, where the fee is only $1000 to book the room, and it is in a barn on the second floor, so it has the feel of Tyrone.  I would rather spend the extra $5K on other things that a booking fee.....JMOwww.blissfulmeadows.com
  • Hi!  I just booked Tyrone Farm for my wedding next October!  The place is amazing!   $8500 for the rental fee and if you choose to have your ceremony there it is an extra $650.  Catering is extra of course, and the caterers will supply your linens and dishware.

The barn is beautiful!  The grounds are just gorgeous!  The owners are open to anything extra you would like to do and will work with you to make it happen!  As soon as I stepped foot on the grounds it felt comfortable and cozy and I knew immediately this was my place!

Good luck!
  • Hi Kristy,

I love Tyrone farm as well (via pictures.) Unfortunately I live in Los Angeles so I had to have my sister and mom check it out. My question is where are you planning on advising your guests to stay the night?

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_tyrone-farm?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:10385282Post:28c93b33-8065-41a1-a1c1-aad8cc43729c">Re: Tyrone Farm</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi!  I just booked Tyrone Farm for my wedding next October!  The place is amazing!   $8500 for the rental fee and if you choose to have your ceremony there it is an extra $650.  Catering is extra of course, and the caterers will supply your linens and dishware. The barn is beautiful!  The grounds are just gorgeous!  The owners are open to anything extra you would like to do and will work with you to make it happen!  As soon as I stepped foot on the grounds it felt comfortable and cozy and I knew immediately this was my place! Good luck!
    Posted by kristy2020[/QUOTE]
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_tyrone-farm?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:10385282Post:22002386-79c9-40f0-9d5c-702feac921e9">Re: Tyrone Farm</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Kristy, I love Tyrone farm as well (via pictures.) Unfortunately I live in Los Angeles so I had to have my sister and mom check it out. My question is where are you planning on advising your guests to stay the night? In Response to Re: Tyrone Farm :
    Posted by chrissyandted[/QUOTE]

There is a house on the grounds that you can rent if you like, preferably for your bridal party, or there are plenty of hotels in the area.  For most of my guests it is only a 30 minute drive to the farm. 

Happy Planning!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards