Colorado

Honeymoon in Pagosa Springs. Advice

Hello from the West Coast Florida board.  My FI and I are honemooning in Pagosa Springs, CO after our Feb. 6, 2010 wedding.  We have family friends with a big home they are graciously giving to us for a week and we are looking forward to a ski HM.That being said we plan on skiing both Wolf Creek and Durango.I was looking for anyone who has been to Pagosa Springs/Wolf Creek/Durango and could give advise about all things travel i.e. where to rent skis, good restaurants, etc.Thanks

Re: Honeymoon in Pagosa Springs. Advice

• edited December 2011
    I'll post, since no body else has. I've only driven through Pagosa Springs (I have to say my DH and I burst out laughing when not only you said you were honeymooning there but that you were doing it in Feb.). My best advice is to ask the family friends. I found the Pagosa Springs site: http://www.pagosa.com , hopefully that helps. For ski rentals, I would look up sports shops in the area, I did a google search for "Ski rental pagosa springs" and that seemed to bring up a few resuslts. The ski resorts will also rent ski equipment out to you, but it can be more pricey, but if you are not familiar with skiing, you may have some gear problems at first, and if you rent at the resort, you can get your equipment adjusted then and not have to suffer with it. That might be a good idea for your first day out so that you know what works well for you, I hope that helped a little! Good luck!
    My Grandparents on their wedding day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    bio
    Repeat this to your self: My Wedding Party is made of my family and friends and I should treat them as such.
  • edited December 2011
    You think that's funny to go skiing in February?  Why???And, my FI and I are well equipped with ski gear and skilled skiers for that matter, so no help needed in that department. But thanks for the offer.
  • edited December 2011
    hehe, Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you. Both of those are a good hour away right? I'd prefer to just stay at one, but that's just me and you can't pass up free room and board! The Pagosa Springs thing, yeah, you would need to live in Colorado for a while to understand that one. ;)
    bio
    Repeat this to your self: My Wedding Party is made of my family and friends and I should treat them as such.
  • edited December 2011
    Oh, and I added all the ski gear in because you mentioned it in your original post. I'm glad that you know what you are doing. I went skiing with a friend once over in Winter Park- didn't care for that park as much, I really enjoy Loveland though- anyways, she didn't know how to size herself and had a lot of problems with her boots. I just didn't want that to happen to you! So where have you skiied before? What areas do you prefer? I've never skiied wolf creek. Is it nice?
    bio
  • edited December 2011
    I've skiied Vail, Brekenridge, Loveland, & Winter's Park and then some slopes in New Zealand over Lake Taupo.  FI and I like things that are out of the ordinary, peaeful, unique.  No, we can't pass up a house on 22 acres for our honeymoon. 
  • edited December 2011
    Wow New Zealand! That must have been beautiful!
    bio
  • edited December 2011
    I grew up in Durango so I can offer lots of advice on the restaurants there. Durango has TONS of great restaurants. I live in Denver, now and I really miss all the good food. Italian: Mama's BoyMexican: Tequila's, Gazpacho's, Francisco's, Griego's, Zia TaqueriaSteak: The Ore HouseSushi: East by SouthwestHamburger: Olde Tymer's, Lady FalconburghNice Dinner: Randy's, The PalaceBreakfast: Oscar's, Le RendezvousCajun: The Steamworks (lots of local brews too)Coffee: The Steaming Bean, Durango Coffee Company, Durango Joe'sOther: Durango BagelThere is not a lot to do in the area during the winter other than ski. The Springs in Pagosa are great, but I've never been there during the winter. Let me know if you have anymore questions about Durango, I'm happy to help. It's a beautiful area and you won't regret going there for your honeymoon.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards