Colorado-Denver

Change of Name/Address

When we get married, I'll be taking my FI's name and also moving into his place.  I plan to send out change of address cards after I get back from the honeymoon.  I'll be sending them to some people who I usually just correspond with once or twice a year (ie, Christmas cards).  Is it stupid to point out the new name and new address?  I (obvi) have a unique first name so I'm sure people will know it's me, but I feel like it's kind of weird to just all of a sudden have a new last name.  Anyone have experience with this or general thoughts?
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Change of Name/Address

• masked_rose86masked_rose86 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually haven't thought of this, but I think it is a very good idea!  The only other way you'd be able to pass on the word would be a bunch of phone calls which might get awkward.  I think the card idea is excellent!
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I think it's a good idea to just drop them a quick line saying "starting 10/24/09 I will have a new last name and address!" and let them know what they will be. I have already told most of the people I know about my name change, everybody kind of expects it. GL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards