Maine

Portland Company Complex - pictures

Does anyone have pictures from a wedding or event done at the Portland Company complex BACK room? The large industrial like room? I really appreciate the help. I am struggling on a place for my reception and everything is booking up. You can e-mail them to me at cutlerjohnsonwedding@yahoo.com. Thanks,Melynda

Re: Portland Company Complex - pictures

• edited December 2011
    I'm not very familiar with that venue, but I'm pretty sure that there was a Real Wedding featured here on The Knot that took place there. I've been trying to find it, but my work computer won't load some pictures and blocks me from going to some parts of this website for some reason so I haven't been able to locate it, but it's a recent, featured Real Wedding and if it helps at all I know one of the pictures was of an incredibly delicious looking chocolate frosted wedding cake.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much, I appreciate it. They did make really good use of this front room, but I think we are going to be too large for it. You haven't seen any pictures of the back room have you? Thanks again!
  • edited December 2011
    So sorry, I didn't even know there were 2 separate rooms. :(
  • edited December 2011
    I am actually having my reception in the large back room at the Portland Company. It is such a great space because it allows you to be creative and make the wedding 100% personalized. I found one website that has pictures from a wedding done there. The ceremony was done inthe front room and the reception in the back room. Hope this helps! If you find any others could you pass them along? ahanson417@yahoo.com http://staceydoylephotography.com/blog/?p=87
  • edited December 2011
    Hi, ahanson and Melynda- my fiance and I are looking at The Portland Company for our reception and wondered which building you used, #6 or #2? The space in #2 is a bit larger, accommodating around 200 people. We really like the space in #6 (based on the pics we've seen) but are a little nervous it might be too small for dining AND dancing? Any thoughts and/or photos you have to share would be hugely helpful. Thanks!
  • hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you haven't contacted the people at The Portland Company, I would encourage you to do so.  They sent FI pictures of the spaces (decorated and empty) when we first inquired about using them for our wedding.  We literally live a minute up the street and thought it would be the perfect spot for us, but it's a little too rustic for my taste. 

But the pictures they sent were helpful.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards