Maine

Bangor Bridal Shops - Need advice

Hello ladies,I'm wondering if anyone may have any reviews about House of Brides or The Henrys Bridal in Bangor? I'm planning trips to both of them and just wanted to get some feedback on them before I go. Thanks!

Re: Bangor Bridal Shops - Need advice

• edited December 2011
    I've had several great experiences with Henry's. FI rented a tux there when he was in his cousin's wedding 3 years ago and when I was in HS my boyfriend rented a tux from there for prom. I've also accompanied 2 brides when they went dress shopping there and I purchased a bridesmaid dress from them. I personally wasn't incredibly impressed with the wedding dress selection, but the prices are fantastic. Both brides I know who bought their dresses there loved them and the girls who work there were wonderful. So sweet and friendly!
  • AngelSmittyAngelSmitty member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought my dress from Henry's Bridal and I had a wonderful experience there.  I didn't see a lot that I was interested in but I trusted their judgement because they had me trying on dresses I didn't think I'd like, but one of those dresses ended up being "the one" once it was on me!  They were very patient with me and I was very happy with them!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I loved Henry's.  I didn't buy my dress there, but it was a very close second and they were great to work with.
    Planning bio My DIY blog The Maine Bio

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Jaime has read 18 books toward her goal of 50 books.
    hide
  • jowens020jowens020 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, I also bought my dress at Henry's.  It was my first time even out to look at dresses and they were great...very patient.  I didn't plan on buying one that day but fell in love with my dress!  They were great to work with.  Good luck1  
    started TTC 5/10
    me: PCOS DH: low motility
    clomid 100mg - no response
    clomid 200mg +HCG+ IUI #1 5/1/11 = BFN
    clomid 200mg +HCG+IUI #2 5/31/11 = BFN
    Clomid/HCG/IUI #3 Cancelled Follistism + IUI x2 BFN Changed RE Moving on to IVF 11/2011
  • edited December 2011
    I just got my dress from Henry's. I wasn't blow away by them but I was not disappointed. My dress is a bridesmaid dress (ordered in white) and it wasn't supposed to be here for another 3 weeks, but came early (BIG plus!!!). Except, I'm not in love with it, I'm going to see what they can do for me, fitting/altering, and it's not the dresses fault, it's my body ha ha! I have NO boobs!!! I would recommend them though! Good luck!
  • praby19praby19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did not buy my wedding dress at House of Brides but I did buy a bridemaid dress and I did not have a good expierience. The woman who I believe runs it is who I worked with was not very nice. I say a dress I liked and told her I was planning a wedding of my own, and she told me the dress I was looking at was for Proms only and I could not use it as a bridemaids dress. I found that rather odd- but I ended up buying my dress at the Bridal gallery (they have a web site) and I have had a GREAT expierience there! The owner is wonderful and the dresses she carries are awsome. I bought an Emerald Couture gown and love it. She also carries Eden and Alfred Angelo. She also has several inhouse seamstresses- one of which I used to alter the gown I bought at house of brides and not only was she great to work with- she did my alterations in less then a week and didn't charge me any extra for doing a rush job. I highly recommend that shop.
  • AngelSmittyAngelSmitty member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have serious gripes about the Bridal Gallery. The first is just a small annoyance, the second I could have gone in and screamed at them about.  First, I went there with 4 Alfred Angelo dresses picked out to try on...they only had one of the 4, and the only size it came in was 20 (I'm between a 10 and 12) so clearly I couldn't see how well it'd actually fit-otherwise I might have liked it.  Secondly, my mother bought her MOB dress there and expressed concern about the sizing.  They took all of her measurements and had her try on stuff in the store and told her what sizes to order, saying it wouldn't matter if it was a little off because the outfit came with a 2" inseam so they could take it out if need be.  The outfit came (almost two weeks LATE, and only 2 weeks before my wedding) and the top was too small, and the bottom was HUGE.  Mom went to a seamstress (the one who works in Henry's, she does excellent work), and found out THERE IS NO INSEAM so she couldn't let the top out at all!!  She took it back to Bridal Gallery where they said they would need THEIR seamstress to look at it to determine if the other seamstress was correct, which meant mom had to wait ANOTHER two days for an appointment.  Then it turns out the other seamstress WAS CORRECT and they said they would have re-ordered her a new outfit but when they called the Alfred Angelo warehouse or wherever they said even on rush delivery it'd take a few weeks, and by then it was 1 week till the wedding.  So the woman told mom they'd do some alterations at no cost to her...they made big slit/seams on the sides of her shirt (made it more of a oriental style top), which worked BUT mom had to buy Spanx AND a corset to even fit the shirt after the alterations (came to over $100) and they did NOT cover that.  I was so effing mad that my mom, who had done everything to make my wedding so perfect, was not able to feel completely comfortable in her own outfit on the day of my wedding.  For that reason, I would not trust ordering from them ever again.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Krissie117Krissie117 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have heard HORROR stories about the Bridal Gallery, so I'd avoid them if you can!I didn't get my dress at Henry's, but my mom has ordered her MOB dress there and I'm have my alterations done by the seamstress who works out of Henry's (and she's great!).  The seamstress, Lai, told me that Henry's is having a huge 40% off sale on all their dresses on Columbus Day, so if you can go then, I would!! :) 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards