Illinois
Options

Cooking demonstration shower

I'm hosting a shower for 15-21 people, and I am looking for a venue that will hold a cooking class or demo for us. I looked into the Chopping Block in Lincoln Square, but feel a little gunshy about the $100 per person price tag. I'd like to keep it at $50 a head--am I dreaming? Anyone have a suggestion? I'd be open to hosting in the suburbs too.

Thanks for any and all ideas!

Re: Cooking demonstration shower

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't host one to begin with.  I have been to them before and they are soo boring.  All it really is, is the bride cooking in front of everyone while they watch.  It's pretty lame.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    282image Invited to celebrate!
    208image Will be Dancing the night away!
    74image Won't be having any fun
    0image are giving me a major headache

• Options
    edited December 2011

Do you remember who did the cooking at the lame demo you watched? Would hate to bore guests with anything lame.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    THe girls I work with are throwing me a pampered chef party--I know it's not exactly what you want, but you do cook in front of everyone.  Someone hosts it at their house and you register with pampered chef--so it's like a regular Pampered Chef Party,b ut you make a couple recipes in front of everyone and the people at the party just buy things for you from the catalog.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards