New York-Long Island

Sherwood Triart (Long Island, NY)

I am thinking of booking with them, for a May 2012 wedding, as my photographer and would like some input on others experiences with them.

Re: Sherwood Triart (Long Island, NY)

• otgalotgal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I am thinking of booking with them, for a May 2012 wedding, as my photographer and would like some input on others experiences with them.

• edited December 2011
    A friend of mine used them and was happy with the end results. That is about all I know for now.
  • edited December 2011

My sister used them for her wedding in 2007.

I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THEM TO MY WORST ENEMY!

They had made a list (with my sister) of all the shots that needed to be taken the day of and NONE of ther pix she asked for were taken. In the end she rcv'd 1500 shots of her dancing with her new husband and no shots of our family!

There was one picture in particular that she wanted and that was of her in her dress looking over her shoulder (so the pic would be the back of the dress). It was important that this pic be taken since EVRY woman in my fam has had this picture and they DIDN'T take it. Later about a month after the wedding she had to bring the dress to the studio and they shot the picture then, hardly what I would call professional.

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-long-island_sherwood-triart-long-island-ny?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:120Discussion:743cc87e-55c3-4832-9328-5938c48c5b35Post:b1800186-4576-4929-828d-2bb4584891e9">Re: Sherwood Triart (Long Island, NY)</a>:
    [QUOTE]My sister used them for her wedding in 2007. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THEM TO MY WORST ENEMY! They had made a list (with my sister) of all the shots that needed to be taken the day of and NONE of ther pix she asked for were taken. In the end she rcv'd 1500 shots of her dancing with her new husband and no shots of our family! There was one picture in particular that she wanted and that was of her in her dress looking over her shoulder (so the pic would be the back of the dress). It was important that this pic be taken since EVRY woman in my fam has had this picture and they DIDN'T take it. Later about a month after the wedding she had to bring the dress to the studio and they shot the picture then, hardly what I would call professional.
    Posted by allee8409[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>wow...no bueno. sorry to hear all this. my one friend had an ok experience with them...nothing to write home about, you know? </div><div>
    </div><div>this is why i have a trusted wedding photographer...however, due to being wrongly accussed of spamming i have decided not to mention their name anymore within the boards. me and several friends will be using this photographer for our weddings and several other friends have already used them and have had nothing short of AMAZING experiences with them. if you need more info you can private message me or send me a personal email to karenarnoldmaine@gmail.com</div><div>
    </div><div>best.</div><div>karen & arnold

</div>
  • edited December 2011
    Karen, it's b/c you post things like the above that you seemed like a spammer. That was ALL you posted was about your photog, which is what spammers do.

This board is loaded with AE's doing MUD's to promote their businesses, and that's what it seemed like you were doing. And it still does at times because you can't just suggest your photographer in a non-pushy way.

OP, I've never heard of the photographer you're suggesting but they have pretty great reviews on wedding wire.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-long-island_sherwood-triart-long-island-ny?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:120Discussion:743cc87e-55c3-4832-9328-5938c48c5b35Post:fcc5bccb-8e88-49bc-b578-7d4d64ca47b4">Re: Sherwood Triart (Long Island, NY)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Karen, it's b/c you post things like the above that you seemed like a spammer. That was ALL you posted was about your photog, which is what spammers do. This board is loaded with AE's doing MUD's to promote their businesses, and that's what it seemed like you were doing. And it still does at times because you can't just suggest your photographer in a non-pushy way. OP, I've never heard of the photographer you're suggesting but they have pretty great reviews on wedding wire.
    Posted by Anabeth420[/QUOTE]

<div>I understand your concern. I have suggested my videographer, florist, made suggestions on venues, and much more. I am just a nice future bride looking to help since my wedding is planned/booked and I am bored. I will be more careful with my posting since it seems to offend you so much. I feel I have been much LESS pushy. I just like my choice and they are nice people. I have confidence that they will do a great job for others and I am helping both parties by suggesting them.</div><div>
    </div>
  • AmandalovesAlAmandalovesAl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I met with them because they are a preferred vendor at the Westbury Manor.  I thought that they were WAY over priced.  I think they charge that much to pay for their insane office.  When they gave us a quote, we almost fell off our chair.  They told us that we wouldn't find ANYTHING for what we were looking for.  We booked a guy that we found for half the price, and he's amazing.  We love love him.  The problem with going with a big place like that is your paying for the company and not for the photos.  No personal touches.  Our photog is Nyla Gray. We found him on Craig's list.
    imageimageVacation Till our honeymoon!!!
  • RLwedding2012RLwedding2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I completely agree.  My fiance and I went to Sherwood the other day and as soon as we walked in, we knew if we booked with them, we'd be paying for their gallery.  It looks like an art gallery... nice but insane prices.  There is no way we are going to pay for them when we can get fabulous pictures at half the price!
  • edited December 2011

My daughter hired Sherwood Triart for her wedding and we were very disappointed. All they cared about was how much money we were spending! We spent 10,000 dollars and were told by Kevin that we "dont spend money". They were totally rude and when it came down to viewing the proofs overall we were not too impressed. The photos were nice, but honestly nothing to brag over. I think a much better option would be Brett Matthews (even though they have an ego problem too). Another major draw back the album took over 1 year to come in. My daughter was married in May 2010 her book wasnt ready until the following September 2011. It was absurd. Overall, i would never use them again. Please reconsider.

P.S after all the rude obnoxious treatment they showed us they had the nerve to use all the photos from the wedding and engagement shoot to make one large display album to show potential clients. (they werent even going to tell us, they did this- we found out through the receptionist who informed us of how much business they were getting thanks to our photos!!!) DON'T USE THEM
  • edited June 2012
    Do not use these people, my experience with Sherwood Triart has been nothing short of a nightmare. My wife and I got married back in Oct 2010...it is now June of 2012 and we still have not gotten our wedding pictures. Engagement pictures were a joke and looked like glamor shots and picture quality from the wedding was a disgrace. They explained that the photographer that we used was "not up to their standards" and that they had let him go. Thanks for telling us that 6k later. Wouldn't even frame a picture for us to compensate and we still do not have our pictures. Do not use these people, they have a flashy studio, but it's all fluff.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards