Pennsylvania
Options

Father Passed, Brother Walking me...Remembering Dad...Gift for Brother

Hello

I looking for any suggestions....My Father passed in December 2007 and I am getting married September 25th 2010.  I am not sure how I can remember him quietly.  I do not think I could emotionally handle something being said.  So I am looking for any suggestions.  I do not have a good picture so I can not have a locket.

Also my brother is going to walk me down the aisle and I would like to buy him a Thank you gift but I am cant seam to find anything.  I am looking for something that is different as he could buy himself anything he wants. 

Thank you, Linda

Re: Father Passed, Brother Walking me...Remembering Dad...Gift for Brother

• Options
    benmel31benmel31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you have a shirt or something of your dad's?  You could have a piece sewn into the underside of your wedding dress with your dad's initials, name, or something else special to you.  

A friend had a piece of her mom's wedding gown sewn into her gown to honor her mom.  
    Anniversary image
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image TO image
    my to-read shelf:
    Mel O's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    along the same lines, you could use a piece of a shirt, etc. that reminds you of your dad and wrap your bouquet with the fabric.  

Or maybe not a locket with a photo but a "something" put in the bouquet as a charm (like his fav. watch or a tool he used if he was handy, or a golf tee, etc...)
  • Options
    sdozier03sdozier03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about planting a tree? I'm not sure what exactly you were thinking about doing...but we did that for my grandparents when they passed away. We planted a tree in my parents front yard and we had a plaque made up to put into the ground under the tree. Maybe something like that would be nice?

As for your brother, how old is he? Maybe a gift certificate to something unique, something he wouldn't think of everyday. If hes a social person, send him away on a murdery mystery weekend. Those are so much fun.
  • Options
    SweetSnowSweetSnow member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all for your ideas!

I still unsure for my Dad..The tree is a great idea but we don't plan on staying forever where we live now.  I don't have any of his old clothes...I am sure I will figure out something..

I finally figured out my brothers gift...I decided on a picture frame with the two us in the picture with it engraved thank you for walking me down the aisle, love you sisiter, linda. 

Thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards