Wedding Woes
Options

Great- jury duty summons

This is going to be a pain in the asss.  We really don't have day care options at a moments notice.  Blech.

Re: Great- jury duty summons

• Options
    Butter CookieButter Cookie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Send Bmom. I'm pretty sure she'd commit unspeakable acts to take your spot.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    MrsMyrtleMrsMyrtle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you breastfeeding? I know women can get out of jury duty in Iowa if they're breastfeeding.
  • Options
    baconsmombaconsmom member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I TOTALLY WOULD. My husband has been called 3! times since we've lived here, and I got called once, and didn't even have to go in. They excused me by internet! 

Don't you have a caregiver exemption? Every state I've lived in will exempt you from duty if you're the primary caregiver of an invalid or small child. 
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I've served twice before.  I'm not breastfeeding anymore.  The summons doesn't list specific reasons for exemption.  I asled money matters since there are a lot fo lawyers there.  They jumped down my throat about civic duty.  I wonder just how many have served on juries.
  • Options
    GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    lawyers never get called for juries if I remember right--conflicts methinks.

I'd love to get alled NOW--when I'd get paid for it.
    I turned it down when I was at hourly jobs. Bastards think I sould not make $ for a month...yeah, sure, that works.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Are you on diuretics? Cause that can get you out of it. Or potentially if you have a bladder infection, although I'd check on that one... Reason being, you obviously can't be expected to sit still for a few hours... You'll have to be back and forth to the washroom, and you don't want to interrupt their trial...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards