Rhode Island

Any South Ferry married brides

Hello- Not sure if any of the girls are still left on here.But if any of the girls that got married at south ferry are on here- can you help with the "walking" situation.

I have 5 bridesmaids that will alk down the aisle.
But there isn't a particularly large space to stand before the doors open. So what happens- Who opens the door? Is that a weird question (Maybe my DOC?) and also when you open the door you would SEE me standing there since there isnt anywhere to hide. Did you wait outside for them to walk down the aisle and then open the door and let yourself in when it came time?

I am confused and don't want to be "seen" before its time to walk down the aisle! and I want like the girls to walk down the aisle and then kind of close the door and then have me enter.

IS that what everyone else did? This feels complicated and stressful
www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image

Re: Any South Ferry married brides

• I am getting married there in September and there are two doors.  One on the outside and one just inside.  Keep the inside one closed until it's time for your appearance :-)
  • Jen-
    Once again great (er, nervous bride?) minds think alike!  I have been wondering the same thing.  My plan as of now is to have one of my ushers planted in the last row and he will close the door until my Dad and I are in place (count to 10?) and then open so that we are not seen before hand.  

To help cover/cue this I am utilizing our music; the bridesmaids will have a song they walk down to which will fade out and then my Dad and I are walking down to a song that starts with a beautiful harp/flute combo that would match the door being opened. Don't forget that the time it takes to close the door will also help cue your guests to rise for your entrance (normally they are seated until the bride is about to enter).  So I would say, don't feel afraid to take a moment to close the door, take a deep breath, etc.  If there is ever a moment in the day to build some suspense and give yourself a minute I would say that one is it!  : )

Can't beleive our dates are getting closer and closer...we're sending out our invites this week (eeek)!  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_rhode-island_any-south-ferry-married-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:122Discussion:ac86d60f-f250-4a6d-85ee-fa65ce64123dPost:61e6febd-9e10-4814-9112-c791b137b6af">Re: Any South Ferry married brides</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jen- Once again great (er, nervous bride?) minds think alike!  I have been wondering the same thing.  My plan as of now is to have one of my ushers planted in the last row and he will close the door until my Dad and I are in place (count to 10?) and then open so that we are not seen before hand.   To help cover/cue this I am utilizing our music; the bridesmaids will have a song they walk down to which will fade out and then my Dad and I are walking down to a song that starts with a beautiful harp/flute combo that would match the door being opened. Don't forget that the time it takes to close the door will also help cue your guests to rise for your entrance (normally they are seated until the bride is about to enter).  So I would say, don't feel afraid to take a moment to close the door, take a deep breath, etc.  If there is ever a moment in the day to build some suspense and give yourself a minute I would say that one is it!  : ) Can't beleive our dates are getting closer and closer...we're sending out our invites this week (eeek)!  
    Posted by IrishEMN[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Oops!  The above was from me Jen...I signed in using my older name, haha.  I'll let you know how it goes for us in May of course : )

</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • yes! Please let me know. BNecause they are going to open the door for the bridesmaids to walk down. But where will you be then?! Outside?  Behind the 2nd closed door??because its so small in that area if you opent he door for the bridesmaids people would see you at the end.

!!
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards