Snarky Brides

The President on The View

2»

Re: The President on The View

• He hit the circuit after office. And celebrity news services covered a lot of Clinton, too. But he never sat down with them and gave a one-on-one with a talk show.

There's an air of desperation and sensation that surrounds talk shows, which I don't mind when a celebrity is pimping his new movie or CD. It smacks of tastelessness when it's the President.
  • I'll let you know how I feel about it next year when my net income drops by 15% thanks to his tax policy lol.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• I completely get that and agree, Bec. I just think this is a new era of campaigning and we're going to see more and more of it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_president?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:47764e10-7938-4a2b-bd56-c329a0d7e0e3Post:92d751d7-c373-41fe-bfeb-cfc22f19b247">Re: The President on The View</a>:
    [QUOTE]There's an air of desperation and sensation that surrounds talk shows, which I don't mind when a celebrity is pimping his new movie or CD. It smacks of tastelessness when it's the President.
    Posted by BecW2be[/QUOTE]

<div>I can't help but think everyone puts American presidents up on this ridiculous pedestal. Yes, once elected, they serve in one of the most "powerful" positions in the world---but, our presidents do not have lateral power to do whatever they want, whenever they want. And, at the end of they day, they are still earning a living (and a fairly crappy one, for all they supposedly do---about $250k a year). Part of his job, in a round about way, is making sure we have confidence in him and his decision making process---somehow, someway, he needs to appeal to citizens on every level. </div><div>
    </div><div>Is going on The View the most important thing to be doing right now? Probably not. But, seriously, let's be honest---there has not, and there will never be, a president that everyone is happy with. If it's not a scandal of Watergate proportions, or a blowjob incident with an intern, it's something else. </div>
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_president?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:47764e10-7938-4a2b-bd56-c329a0d7e0e3Post:bad46ff0-043e-4d8a-bc02-f11d45d0116a">Re: The President on The View</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'll let you know how I feel about it next year when my net income drops by 15% thanks to his tax policy lol.
    Posted by vegasgroom[/QUOTE]

Thumbs up.

And you know the President isn't going to talk about anything informative on The View. He's certainly not going to discuss his platforms, views or other information that would give a viewer an informed opinion of him. Sure he may talk a little about the economy or the oil spill, but I'd imagine it's mostly going to be about his family and whatever other dumb questions those cackling bitches have. He's doing this to gain popularity among uninformed voters.
  • I kinda think its sad that voters in this country can demand this kind of publicity from its leader.  I get what you mean Fever - that he has to do these shows so he stays in the public eye so people don't forget about him, that he always has to be campaigning, and whatnot.  It just sucks that people care more about what Michelle wears to the Inaugural Ball and what Barack looks like in his swim trunks than what the President is actually doing to run the country.

He shouldn't have to be doing trashy daytime talk shows when there is plenty of other important shiit on his plate.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_president?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:47764e10-7938-4a2b-bd56-c329a0d7e0e3Post:bc203aae-e90e-41a7-b745-72e5898e2215">Re: The President on The View</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The President on The View : Thumbs up. And you know the President isn't going to talk about anything informative on The View. He's certainly not going to discuss his platforms, views or other information that would give a viewer an informed opinion of him. Sure he may talk a little about the economy or the oil spill, but I'd imagine it's mostly going to be about his family and whatever other dumb questions those cackling bitches have. He's doing this to gain popularity among uninformed voters.
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

LOL, the morons that host the view wouldn't understand talking about any of that anyway; they're better suited for "what day does your new cd drop?" and "wow your new book had a lot of pages" type discussions.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• I am glad I don't watch the view. JFC.
  • Golf claps for Rach.

As far as I'm concerned, we've demanded this type of publicity from presidents since the Nixon v. Kennedy debates. It seems ridiculous to know what type of designer Michelle Obama wears. But I know Laura Bush prefered Oscar de la Renta. And I remember seeing videos of Jackie O' white house tours. It's these personal connections that keep some people interested.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_president?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:47764e10-7938-4a2b-bd56-c329a0d7e0e3Post:2a94b878-83b9-4374-a105-b84d39e9ee13">Re: The President on The View</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I kinda think its sad that voters in this country can demand this kind of publicity from its leader.</strong>  I get what you mean Fever - that he has to do these shows so he stays in the public eye so people don't forget about him, that he always has to be campaigning, and whatnot. <strong> It just sucks that people care more about what Michelle wears to the Inaugural Ball and what Barack looks like in his swim trunks than what the President is actually doing to run the country. He shouldn't have to be doing trashy daytime talk shows when there is plenty of ot</strong><strong>her important shiit on his plate.</strong>
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

<div>I agree completely; he shouldn't have to be doing trashy daytime talk shows when there there is clearly more important things on his plate he should (or so we assume) be focusing on. But the bottom line is, while a portion of us understand this, the majority of this country does not. They are not informed. They would not understand much above the sensationalism, which really sucks. So, in order to reach a more broad level of his constituents, he kinda has to dumb it down. </div><div>
    </div><div>Aren't his speeches at a 5th grade level? </div>
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_president?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:47764e10-7938-4a2b-bd56-c329a0d7e0e3Post:f3982aac-baed-4d93-92e7-204254669132">Re: The President on The View</a>:
    [QUOTE] Aren't his speeches at a 5th grade level? 
    Posted by RachNRich[/QUOTE]

Newspapers are written at an 8th grade level.
  • We have to make handouts for nutrition that correspond to reading at a 6th grade level, because that is the most common level of reading comp.

To be honest I hate the view s much as liberals hate Fox news. That show has a  liberal aganda and I will be surprised if there isn't any Obama asskissing.
  • Ricks- Don't forget about Elisabeth Hasselbeck. She is mega-bitch #1 (sorry Cew). I don't like any of the women on The View because they are far too extreme, but I know that's what keeps the viewers coming back.
  • I don't think the pedestal is ridiculous. As a leader, you should be capable of being accessible and appealing without resorting to trash tv. You campaigned for one of the most important positions on earth. If you can't connect with people aside from sitting down with bickering, sniveling bitches who survive on tabloids, then there's a problem. This is a benchmark in campaigning that I understand why it's happening, but I don't like that it's happening. It further confuses celebrity and politics, and keeps the real issues buried and forgotten.
  • Elisabeth Hasselbeck Uggh I don't know how she deals with being on that show. I used to love her on the fashion channel.
  • There's an air of formality that should accompany this office that brings with it respect, and it is missing, in my opinion, right now. In his effort to appeal to the masses and youth, he's left out an entire group of people who believe the president should be formal, wear a coat and tie to work, make the 'right ' kind of appearances.
    Jackie Kennedy giving tours of the White House isn't JFK doing it; knowing what designer Laura Bush preferred isn't seeing George W Bush with a sweatshirt on and his feet up on the desk.

My father has met with both GWBush and Obama, and there's a very distinct difference in the way the Oval Office is "run." One commandeered respect, one was like anyone else's office.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • See, I'm totally against the BSA because of their prejudice. That said, even though I think The View is crap, a LOT of people watch it. I think it's a good way to get a message out. I like how accessible this president is... and as for the whole media storm- they're the new Kennedy family- young, attractive, gorgeous kids... it's bound to happen.
  • I just think that now that he is in office he needs to stop campaigning.

There are alot of major issues happening right now.  He has bigger fish to fry than worrying about The View.

If he wants to stay on peoples minds, there are better venues for that.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • edited July 2010
    Well, I might as well go on record as being behind the BSA and what they stand for and their ability to make the decisions they make. My father has worked for them for 44 years, my brother is an Eagle Scout, and the good I've seen come from it far outweighs the bad press and perceived pejudice. They are a private organization, and just like any other private organization, are allowed to make their own membership rules. I will get off my soap box before I say something I'm not supposed to say, or say wrong.
    But, I really hate it when people focus on 1 aspect of an organization that's been around for 100 years and basically trash the good it has done because of a policy they have in place. That's like saying the entire Catholic church is BS because there are some priests who can't control themselves.

I mean, look at this from today - that's 45,000 Scouts and leaders saluting and singing the National Anthem:

Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_president?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:47764e10-7938-4a2b-bd56-c329a0d7e0e3Post:bad46ff0-043e-4d8a-bc02-f11d45d0116a">Re: The President on The View</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'll let you know how I feel about it next year when my net income drops by 15% thanks to his tax policy lol.
    Posted by vegasgroom[/QUOTE]

Big thumbs up!!
  • I think Obama is both arrogant and ignorant.

I couldn't stand him when he was campaigning and he has done nothing to earn my respect in this presidency.  All I see when he goes on these shows is another outlet for someone to stroke his ego and assure the uneducated people who voted for him (I'm not saying all people who voted for him are uneducated I'm talking about the people who voted for him without being informed) that they did a "good job." 

For me it has absolutely nothing to do with his race.  I don't care if he's purple, black, white, Asian, etc. etc. etc.  His policies and his own self-love (along with Reid and Pelosi) have severely divided this nation.  Along with dividing the nation his little passive aggressive belittling of people who don't agree with him is both disrespectful and very telling of someone who is scared. 

He has no respect for the office he holds or this country.  Just as Missy outlined.....there should be a level respect and formality held when you are the President.  His approval numbers are in the shitter and now he's hoping to campaign again to bring them up instead of doing the job he was hired to do. 

And end rant.

• I also really dislike The View.  The thought of watching that show makes me want to scream.  Combining Obama and that show is an awful awful idea.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards