Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Favorite phrase

What is your favorite phrase to use?  For me, it's "that's a hoot!" And unfortunately, since I'm from you know where it comes out as "that's a hoooooot!"

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

Re: Favorite phrase

• Options
    I just started a new English class and the teacher asked us what our favorite word was and I couldn't say that so I said Chocolate.Why not??? You totally should have said that. 

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Options
    Larissa, your blog has a lot of personal info.
  • Options
    I say "just saying," "that's unfortunate," and "true story" a lot.  But my favorite word is asinine. 

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    "Thats friggin insane"  I am laughing hearing all the favorite phrases.
  • Options
    Fav words/phrases: seriously, skankface, btw (I don't say the words, I actually just say b.t.w.--real annoying, I know)
  • Options
    I've been saying "huh" a lot. As a statement, not a question. But it only works in person, after a meaningful glance. It buys me time to figure out how to react to stuff.  
  • Options
    'Really!?!'  and 'What the hoodle!'
  • Options
    I've had to whip out "douchy mcdoucherton" more than I've wanted even though I hate adding "MC" in front of words.
  • Options
    "good lord""holy ______ batman""for sure!" but ends up coming out valley girl like FUR SURE! lol
  • Options
    "Have you met me?"  This is my standard response if my FI asks something silly like "Hey, wanna get up at 8:00am on Saturday?"  Seriously, have you met me?
  • Options
    I hate adding "MC" in front of words.That is my favorite thing to do.  Judgey McJudgerson, Cranky McCrankypants, Bitchy McBitchalot....I forgot one - I will often follow stupid comments, stupid stories, or stupid looking people with "Oh, that's.....special." *insert sympathetic, vaguely pitying look*

• Options
    When someone is not telling the truth: "You lie like a rug." (I got that one from my mom.) And when someone is angry: "Madder than a bee." (I got that one from my dad.)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    P2, which one? Any personal info that's there is there by design, unless I'm missing something huge.. Honestly, if you google me, I (as a techy friend told me) "light up like a Christmas tree." My blogs are for business, so my name & info needs to be out there. It's the nature of the game; I'm not just an online store, everything I do requires personal contact. It's worth it to me. I figure I'm really not important enough to stalk, and anyone who *would* want to get at me (i.e. a client's ex or something) would be local and know how to get me anyway. My biggest concern is that I don't put my sis' personal info up - I tend to just call her "my sister" when posting publicly on the 'net, and her last name is different from mine.
  • Options
    shankopotamus, ditzopotomus, hustle, cover, and "do you understand?" at practice/games, since I can't cuss there. "what the fuuck" or "for shiit's sake" at most other times.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    Crapping purple twinkies. Or just purple twinkies. My brother said it to me when i picked out the batman action figure my nephew is getting for being the "ring holder". Yeah, that's the "pillow." My brother is a plethora of catchy phrases. Nugget's Blackup siggy kept going through my mind all weekend when FI and I were rehashing the car attacking incident.  He kept talking about calling up to the front to the other managers for backup (I kept wanting to say, "you should have called Nugget!")
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    "aw for fuucks sake," or "biitch please" Clearly I swear too much.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Salt, I got "you lie like a rug" from my mom too!
  • Options
    I got you lie like a rug from my mom too!I've also been saying "For the love of all things holy" a lot.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    I tend to say "seriously....seriously are you kidding me?" a lot, I wonder if gets on people's nerves? Oh and when a room is a cluttered mess I always call it a "clusterfuuck"
  • Options
    When we were growing up my sister would say "You're so full of shiit your eyes are brown" and it would piss me off sooo much b/c she had blue eyes.
  • Options
    ac- "You're so full of shiit your eyes are brown" My FI say that to me ALL the time and it really eerks me becasue my eyes happen to be brown!
  • Options
    I definitely say "really?" too much, too.  Like, in a very not-nice sarcastic way.  Gotta stop that one.
  • Options
    Ha, Nugget, I do the "Don't judge me!" tooAs in, "yes, I'm eating an ice cream cone after eating a bag of peanut butter M&M's, don't judge me!"
  • Options
    I say "really" a lot too.Holy night or holy bucketCheese and Rice (instead of JC)I love anything that has the word douche or fuuuck in it.Larissa - not to be a rule follower or anything, but I'm pretty sure blogs promoting businesses aren't allowed (the whole vendor thing)
  • Options
    Nugget, I too do the whole 'is it because I'm black?' thing. Esp. to FI.I also say "biitch I will cut you!" if he does something stupid.I'm also a fan of "bloody hell." I have a Brit friend and it's so darn cute when she says it! I try to copy her all the time.
  • Options
    Vogt, I believe the rules say you can have a blog & link to it... and then have a link in your blog to your business site, just no direct link to your business site. The blogs don't "promote" my business per se... I started them to make me more searchable on google so I do get more hits to my site, but there's no "hey, hire me!' there. They're informational, mostly. The law one is about recent NJ cases, and the body art one is about events I do as I do them. Plus, I think the rule is really about wedding-related businesses and neither of mine really is... unless you're talking specifically wedding henna (which I'd like to do but have not yet done) or prenups (which I can and have done but am not promoting and it'd be strictly NJ).
  • Options
    I say "Fabulous!" a lot.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    when a friend trips, or spills something, or says something crass, or talks loud in a movie, or anything else small, I say, "that's why we can't have nice things."I also say "I'm trying to quit" a lot. like, "hey, wanna sing karaoke?" "No, thanks, I'm trying to quit."
  • Options
    "What did I say? And what do you think I meant by that?" Said through clenched teeth when some child whines and asks me something a second (or third, or 25th) time.
  • Options
    lamefor fuucks sakecVnt face whore your mom goes to college
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards