Chit Chat

Ring question...

So this is completely random, and it might be hard to describe without a pic, but here goes...My engagement ring is princess-cut and has prongs that jut out from either side... like, they don't come straight out from the band, but they stand parallel to it.  This makes it so a wedding band can't lie flat against it... it creates weird space in between!  Does/did anyone else have this situation, and what can be done about it?  Is it possible to have a band custom made to accommodate that and/or soddered to the e-ring in such a way that they would be able to lie flat against one another?I wonder if this makes any sense... I'll try to get a pic on here if that will help! Thanks in advance... :)K

Re: Ring question...

• I think I know what you are talking about.  My ring is an emerald cut and there is part of the band that holds the stone that sticks out.  The jeweler is going to take the lowest part off that holds the stone (if that makes sense it is hard to describe).  That way the wedding ring will sit underneath the stone and sit next to the band.  I would go talk to some jewelers and see what they say about options.  My sisters ring is a princess cut and she has a wedding right that isn't just straight across but goes in a square shape around the ring.  Not sure I am typing it where that makes sense.  But anyway I would go talk to some jewelers and see what options they can give you. 
  • I have the same issue. The enhancer bands are the only ones we've found that fit flush against the ring. Here's an examplehttp://www.kay.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product1|10101|10001|-1|40846002|15051|15051.15058.17115I've also found that a really thin band works ok. It won't fit flat but the space isn't too bad. I'm still trying to decide what to do. But, you can definitely have a band custom made to fit.
  • I know a lot of people just move their engagement ring to their right hand, so if you can't find a wedding band that works for you, you could just do that.
  • I'm wondering the same thing. My ring is different from most http://www.uniquesettings.com/product/view/16109 The jeweler that we bought it from said that they could make a ring to work with it. I almost think that just a straight band will emphasize the uniqueness of it. I like the idea of wearing the e-ring on the right hand too...
    PhotobucketLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • A wedding band does not fit perfectly next to my e-ring, but I do not care. They are two separate rings, why do they need to fit perfectly together? I am not having them soddered (sp?) together, so I do not think that they need to fit perfectly together. Every jewelery store I go to trys to sell me a curved ring, which is always an option for you if you have your heart set on them fitting together. I personally want to be able to wear my wedding band by itself if need be, and I think that a curved ring looks very odd by itself, but if you never plan on wearing the band separatly then try a curved ring.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards