Outdoor Weddings
Options

Bluegrass/Folk Band?

We're getting married on my family farm in Kentucky next fall (2010). Our wedding will be in the woods by the creek and the reception in the big red barn on the back of the farm. I've always wanted a live band and really want a bluegrass/folk type band. Something fun, slap your knee, you know the kind. Banjo, fiddle, big time. Know of any great bands in the KY area??? (lville, etown, hodgenville, bowling green).

Re: Bluegrass/Folk Band?

• Options
    I suggest you visit your local board for vendor advice. This is an international board, so you may not find much help. But regardless of where you are, one website I used to help find potential vendors and read responses from previous clients was weddingwire.com. Good luck!
  • Options
    Ask on your local board for recommendations.I went to a wedding about 3 years ago where the Avett Brothers played and they were awesome.  They tour around the country though and are getting more and more popular, so I don't know if they would still be willing to do weddings or not.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    There are always Bluegrass festivals going on.  Go listen and find one that you like.  Here is one that is coming up soon that isn't too terrible far away from you:  http://www.kylakebluegrassfestival.org/

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I would just die if The Avett Bro's played at my reception. My fiance would too, how lucky that couple must have been!!! Thanks so much guys- I guess I thought I posted on my local board. Whoops. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards